Minimum Qualifications Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job, plus six (6) years of experience in a related field.
- Experience may substitute for education for up to 4 years.
Licenses or Certifications: Notes to Applicants
- Master's Degree in a related field may substitute for two (2) years of experience.
Austin Energy (AE) seeks an IT Project Manager Senior
in the IT Project Management Office ( PMO ) to manage projects, resources, budgets, vendor and business relationships. The position leads cross-departmental teams in delivering various types of IT Projects for various business units such as IT, Finance, Electric Service Delivery ( ESD ), Customer Care, Customer Account Management, Customer Energy Solutions, Power Production, Energy and Market Operations.
I MPORTANT INFORMATION :
Working with Austin Energy provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, career development opportunities and more. Please click HERE for more information. Employment Application:
• The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Please be sure to detail on the application all current and previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
• The Employment Record should be complete with job titles, employment dates, job duties, functions, and responsibilities for each position held. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your application.
• Résumés will not be accepted and statements such as "see résumé" will not be accepted. You may use "N/A" for fields that are not applicable.
• Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement. Once the job posting has closed, applications cannot be changed.If you are selected as a top candidate:
• Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED , undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution.
• If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
• This position requires a criminal background investigation.Travel:
If you are selected for this position, and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program,
you may drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.Fair Labor Standards Act:
This position is considered FLSA Exempt. Exempt employees are salaried and, except as provided, are not eligible for overtime compensation Pay Range
$42.71 - $56.59Hours
Monday through Friday.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. - 40 Hour Work Week.
May occasionally work evenings, weekends or holidays. Hours may change based on business needs. Job Close Date
11/06/2021 Type of Posting
Austin Energy Regular/Temporary
Regular Grant Funded or Pooled Position
Not Applicable Category
Austin, TX 78723 Preferred Qualifications
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Experience managing complex technology/integration projects (scope, schedules, budgets, resources) including, but not limited to, creating artifacts, identifying and managing project dependencies, critical path, milestones, issues/risks and deliverables
- Experience in vendor and contract management including, but not limited to, RFPs, SOWs and SLAs
- Experience in budget and fiscal year planning
- Active PMP /PgMP Certification
- Ability to travel to more than one work location
1. Direct and manage enterprise/corporate level information technology project development from beginning to end including highly complex or at risk projects submitting proposals, and recommend subsequent budget, scope and schedule changes and/or contingency plans where necessary
2. Develop project scope, cost estimates, human resource requirements, work plans, time schedules, communication plans, and makes work assignments to meet complex project or program objectives
3. Write Request For Proposals for external services and manage contracts and vendor performance, deliverables, and payments
4. Develop full scale complex project plans and associated communications documents, identify and manage project dependencies and critical path, and track and report on project milestones and deliverables
5. Develop written business requirements and models
6. Provide leadership in discussions of project management department goals and objectives with IT senior management
7. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals and where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the City of Austin
8. Define the project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle
9. Effectively communicate project expectations to sponsor, team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, and facilitate project management and project status review meetings
10. Develop successful transition, training plans and recognition for resources on the project teamResponsibilities
- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to othersKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation
• Knowledge of information technology project management principles, concepts and practices
• Knowledge of system development lifecycle used for the development of new systems and enhancements to existing systems
• Knowledge of application programming, database and system design
• Knowledge of XML and data interfaces
• Knowledge of internet and network architecture
• Knowledge of operating principles and information systems hardware and software
• Skill in using project management software
• Skill in developing process models and data flow diagrams
• Skill in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new concepts
• Skill in facilitating meetings of diverse stakeholders
• Ability to develop written business requirements and models
• Ability to accurately identify/determine customer needs and take appropriate actions and/or steps to address identified needs
• Ability to recognize, value, and include different perspectives, experiences, approaches, and cultures in achieving organizational goals
• Ability to gain and maintain the trust and confidence of others and the organization through consistency and reliability
• Ability to give, receive, or share thoughts, ideas, perspective, and data to create shared understanding
• Ability to inspire, motivate, and influence others to achieve individual and collective goals
• Ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner that solve issues and stand the test of time Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation. EEO/ADA
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* This position requires graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job, plus six (6) years of experience in a related field. Experience may substitute for education for up to four (4) years. A Master's Degree in a related field may substitute for two (2) years of experience. Do you meet these minimum qualifications?
* Please describe how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Detail how you meet the educational requirements (if applicable), account for the years of related experience (if applicable), include years of supervisory/managerial experience, number of employees supervised, and scope of supervisory responsibilities. Explain any substitutions of experience for education, or vice-versa (if applicable).
(Open Ended Question)
* If identified as a top candidate, do you agree to a criminal background check (CBI)?
* Do you have the ability to travel to multiple sites as part of the regular job duties?
* Describe your experience managing projects in the information technology field. Be sure to include: a) the organization at which you obtained this experience as listed in the Employment Record section of this application, b) the type of project, c) what deliverables you produced for the project, and d) the number of individuals on the project team and their roles.
(Open Ended Question)
* Describe the most complex technology/integration project that you have managed. Include specifics on the a) technology layers, b) budget, c) duration, d) complexity, e) vendor/product/system/release, and f) team size and roles. Discuss your implementation experience and the most complex challenge that you faced.
(Open Ended Question)
* Describe your experience performing vendor and contract management related to information technology. Specifically include experience as it relates to: A) Statements of Work, B) Service Level Agreements, and C) Requests for Proposals.
(Open Ended Question)
* Describe your experience in a) Budgets planning and b) fiscal year planning.
(Open Ended Question)
* Do you hold an active PMP and/or active PgMP certification?
- Yes, active PgMP
- Yes, active PMP
- Yes, both active PMP and PgMP
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents