About Our Job
City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
The Denver Fire Department Fire Protection team is seeking an accomplished office professional who has high professional standards, can juggle multiple tasks and has a customer service focus. This position will provide administrative and research support and general office management.
This position is primarily located at the Denver Fire Headquarters: 745 W Colfax Ave Denver, CO 80204.
Successful candidates must complete and pass a background investigation that encompasses the applicant's employment and criminal history.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Prepares, monitors, tracks, updates, reviews, maintains, and edits internal and/or external documents; keeps advised of the current status of the work of the manager and anticipates the manager's needs by gathering records, reports, correspondence, statistics, or other information; and maintains the manager's appointment calendar, arranges/coordinates appointments, meetings, conferences, and contacts the appropriate individuals to attend.
- Communicates general information with internal staff and external entities; briefs manager on subject matter for upcoming meetings/events; answers telephones, screens call and visitors, and directs individuals to the proper contact; prioritizes communication efforts of the manager; attends meetings and takes notes for the manager; and prepares presentations for the manager.
- Maintains, edits, and reviews policies and procedures for grammatical structure and consistency; updates manuals; types, edits, approves, documents, and distributes updates; prepares databases that assist with documentation; revises and recommends procedures or methods to comply with new or revised requirements; and explains, interprets, and implements office policies and procedures to internal and external contacts.
- Monitors, verifies, tracks, and documents expenditures or revenue; prepares budget documents; determines office needs and makes recommendations for supplies and equipment; monitors and tracks resources for operation; and creates and prepares forms and/or other documents to support the manager's budgetary responsibility.
- By position, assists with performance evaluations of agency or department staff by preparing documentation; provides recommendations to manager for performance evaluation of assigned staff; trains new employees in administrative support functions as needed; and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with Procurement Card tracking and processing
- Accounts Payable experience to include invoice payments and statement reconciliations, proven track record working with vendors for invoicing and services
- Experience with managing Blanket Purchase Orders and Purchase Orders
- Experience with Apple products (iPads and iPhones) that include email exchange, Apple ID management, and software updates.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education Requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of clerical or office support work experience that includes two years of specialized/technical experience
- Education & Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- Licensure & Certification: None
CA2177 Executive Assistant I
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$21.28 - $31.92
Based on education and experience
Denver Fire Department
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here