About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Diversity and inclusion are cornerstones of our values at the City and County of Denver. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce and are committed to providing a supportive work environment in which all of our employees can thrive and reach their full potential. We strive to maintain a culture that attracts, develops and retains a diverse workforce that closely mirrors the residents of our community. We learn from and respect the cultures in which we operate and value the uniqueness of individual talents, experiences and ideas.
Denver Department of Finance is looking to fill a Data Science internship within the Office of the CFO. This position will involve a high level of analytical problem-solving skills, data analysis, understanding of workflow, and data management.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to experience:
- Engaging in technical research and data analytic projects that have city-wide impact
- Troubleshoot and validate data to identify trends, issues, and metrics to improve performance
- Working with structured and unstructured data sets to create standardized reports
- Interpret and present data findings creatively in a variety of automated formats (i.e. PowerBI)
- Additional analytical projects utilizing data mining, ETL processes and warehousing
Our ideal candidate will have/be:
- Current enrollment in a college program in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics or a related field
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with forecasting and regression analysis
- Proficiency in ArcGIS and Power BI
- Understanding of and ability in high attention to detail
- Familiarity of SQL and Python
- Previous experience with statistical analysis programs such as R or Stata
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement: Current enrollment in an accredited college program leading to a certificate, licensure, associates, bachelor's, or higher degree in Science, technology, engineering, mathematics or closely related field, or a recent graduate (completed specified program within 1 year of completion).
- Experience: None
- Education and Experience Equivalency: No substitution of experience for education is permitted
- Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
Other requested mandatory documentation required to be considered for this position:
About Everything Else
- Current college transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position
TA3182 Professional Technical Intern
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$19.95 - $22.46
Based on Education
Department of Finance
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here