LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE 2 - Requisition ID:
[[id]] Posting Close Date:
1721 E SNYDER AVE(CC0360) Geographical Location:
Carson, Minden, Gardnerville, Genoa Department:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Division:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Business Unit:
HR-PRISON MEDICAL CARE Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$43,346.88 - $63,746.64 Recruiter:
HOLLY ROEL Phone:
775 977-5714 Email:
Licensed Practical Nurses provide general or psychiatric practical nursing care in accordance with the authorized scope of practice specified in the Nurse Practice Act.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Nevada and two years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse, one year of which was providing nursing care to inmates in a correctional setting, individuals with mental illness and/or developmental disabilities, or patients in a hospital or skilled nursing facility (e.g., convalescent or nursing home).
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Intravenous (IV) certification is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continued employment.
- Phlebotomy certification is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno