DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES Division:
DHHS - PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Business Unit:
HR-SO NEV ADULT MENTAL HEALTH Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 33 Salary Range:
Full Time Recruiter:
ANA MARIA ORNELLAS Phone:
775 684-0151 Email:
Psychiatric Caseworkers monitor the treatment and progress of mentally ill or developmentally disabled clients, perform day treatment and psychosocial rehabilitation activities, and coordinate discharge and aftercare services, in an outpatient, inpatient, clinic, residential, treatment center, client's home and other community settings.
Lake's Crossing Center, a maximum security forensic facility/Psychiatric Hospital for Mentally Disordered Offenders in Sparks, Nevada is recruiting for a full-time Psychiatric Caseworker 2 position. The main purpose of this position is to work with clients who have been committed to the facility either as un-restorable to competency or they are found not guilty by reason of insanity and have been determined by LCC and by the court to require ongoing care at LCC. The Psychiatric Caseworker will assist in developing client goals, monitoring client's progress and assisting with discharge planning for individuals deemed able to return to the community by the courts and those being granted conditional release by the courts. Additional duties include but not limited to, attending team meetings, reporting to LCC administration, assisting in developing discharge plans for individual's returning to the community under both conditional release status and those found incompetent by the court under direct supervision of the social work staff, performing groups and legal process education with client's undergoing competency restoration and performing other duties as assigned.
The position is located in Sparks and will provide these services to clients in under the supervision of the Social Work Department and LCC Agency Director. The work hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in social work, psychology, or closely related human services field and two years of experience in a mental health or intellectual disabilities setting, one year of which must have included professional casework experience providing psychosocial rehabilitation services for a caseload consisting predominantly of individuals with mental illness or developmental disabilities; OR one year as a Psychiatric Caseworker I in Nevada State Service; OR an equivalent combination of experience and education above the bachelor's degree level.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Working evenings, weekends, and/or holidays is required and is a condition of continuing employment.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Reno
Nearest Secondary Market: Tahoe