Department: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Division: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Business Unit: HR-TRANSPORTATION ADMIN
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 40
Salary Range: $63,746.64 - $95,672.16
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: KENNETH R SCHULZ
Phone: 775 684-0147
Information Technology (IT) Professionals analyze, develop, implement, maintain, and modify computer operations, systems, networks, databases, applications, and/or information security. Incumbents may perform duties in one or more IT specialization areas depending on the needs of the agency.
Incumbents perform advanced journey-level duties and may train, supervise, and evaluate the performance of subordinate staff and/or serve as a project leader as assigned. Incumbents may function as unit leaders to include directing the activities of a branch IT support unit, overseeing projects of limited scope, and coordinating activities with other workgroups.
This position is located within District I, Tonopah. The incumbent will provide critical support to the Department of Transportation (NDOT), Department of Public Safety and allied agencies' communications and electronic systems. This includes project planning; installation and maintenance of Nevada shared radio system; existing VHF high-band systems, telecommunications systems, ITS, backbone network systems, mountain top communications, dispatch operations, and various other specialty technology projects. Duties also include planning major communication projects within the District and supporting Statewide projects within NDOT and allied agencies. The incumbent will be required to travel to remote mountain top sites via 4-wheel drive, Sno-Cat tracked vehicles, helicopter, or hiking by foot, and work in inclement weather with varying conditions to fulfill the duties of this position.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and three years of progressively responsible professional IT experience relevant to the duties of the position which may include computer operations, systems administration, network administration, database administration, applications analyst and development, and/or information security, one year of which was at the journey level; OR one year of relevant experience as an IT Professional II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- Applicants must be willing to work standby and carry the standby cellular phone for evening and weekend system troubleshooting.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and for continued employment.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
- This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas