Department: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - DIVISION OF CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES
Business Unit: HR-CALIENTE YOUTH CENTER
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 25
Salary Range: $33,971.76 - $49,151.52
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: ANA MARIA ORNELLAS
Phone: 775 684-0151
Food Service Cook/Supervisors prepare and/or supervise quantity food preparation and serving according to standardized menus and recipes in an institutional setting.
The Division of Child and Family Services(DCFS) is recruiting for a Food Service Cook/Supervisor I to underfill for a Food Service Cook/Supervisor II located at Caliente Youth Center in Caliente. This position will prepare and/or supervise quantity food preparation and serving according to standardized menus and recipes in an institutional setting. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
The State of Nevada and DCFS offer an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, participation in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), accrual of 15 days of annual and 15 days of sick leave, 11 paid holidays and no city, county, state or social security tax.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-3_0//
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and two years of experience which involved preparation and serving of meals according to standardized menus in a military, institutional, correctional, healthcare, hospitality, or other large quantity food service facility; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Incumbents in the Department of Corrections are required to work with and amongst inmates to complete job duties.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas