Description Support Center Representative Bilingual/ Biliterate
: Class Specification (Job description) CSEA Range 19
; Part-time/Non-Exempt 24 hours per week; 12 months per year
Anticipated Start Date: January, 2022
Tentative Interviews: November , 2021
Contingent on Categorical Funding Application Tips for Success
Additional Resources: POSITION HIGHLIGHTS:
The Support Center Representative will be responsible for providing accurate information in a professional and courteous manner in a call center setting. Located on the main campus, the Support Center handles many incoming calls to the campus. The mission of the Support Center is to provide quality support to students, staff, and the general public by answering questions and delivering accurate information regarding enrollment, registration, and other campus services and resources.
The Support Center is committed to providing excellent customer service and representing Butte College in a positive and professional manner. The Support Center is staffed with both part-time and full-time employees and has a dedicated Spanish line. The Support Center has a team-oriented approach to assisting our diverse students, staff, and community.
This position will work Monday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., & Friday 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. We offer a great work schedule over the summer and a paid winter holiday break. Summer hours will be Monday - Wednesday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Butte-Glenn Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Butte-Glenn Community College District will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals. Butte-Glenn Community College District encourages both incumbents and individuals who have been offered employment to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Please visit the class specification
to see the representative duties, minimum qualifications, desired qualifications, and other requirements of the position. DIVERSITY QUALIFICATION:
Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
All applicants, including current Butte College employees, must submit all required documents with the online application to move forward in the recruitment process. REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS:
REQUIRED UPON HIRE:
- Resume or Vita : Please submit this as an attachment, not as a text resume within the application.
- Diversity Essay : The Butte-Glenn Community College District has a diverse staff and student population with respect to academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds.
- In your Diversity Essay, please describe your skills, education, professional development, community involvement, and professional experience working with these diverse groups.
- Transcripts of Academic Work : Official transcripts will be required upon hire. All offers of employment are contingent upon the submission of official transcripts showing completion of the degree. NOTE: Transcripts are not a required attachment during the application process.
- Foreign Transcripts: If you have foreign transcripts, you must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Please contact the Office of Human Resources for a list of agencies providing this service or visit our website .
- Equivalency: If the position has an education equivalency component within the minimum qualifications and you are applying under equivalency, transcripts will not be required.
- The successful applicant will be required to complete a medical history questionnaire and must agree to undergo and pass a pre-employment physical examination, based on the physical requirements of the position, prior to employment. The physician will be selected and paid for by the District. Disabilities not related to the essential physical job requirements will not preclude the applicant from being hired.
- Education Code • 87408.6 states that no person shall be initially employed by a community college district in an academic or classified position unless the person has submitted to an examination within the past sixty (60) days to determine that he or she is free of active tuberculosis.
- As a condition of employment, the position you are applying for will require that you provide fingerprints to the local police department. The fee charged by the Department of Justice (DOJ) for the fingerprint report is the employee's responsibility. If you should be offered this position you will be asked to sign a payroll deduction form which will authorize the District to deduct the fee charged by the DOJ from your first paycheck.
The eligible list established from this recruitment will be used to fill the current vacancy and future vacancies for positions with the same class specification.
The District reserves the right to modify, rescind or re-advertise this announcement without notification or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for the position.
The Butte-Glenn Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: 10/21/2021 11:59 PM Pacific