Primary Duties Minimum Starting Salary: $15.00/hr.
Under basic supervision, performs customer service functions for tourists and visitors to the Waco Convention Center and Convention & Visitors Bureau (CC/CVB).Essential Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides customer services for tourists, visitors and CC/CVB clients.
- According to City policies and procedures, assists customers, provides information on the City and sells merchandise from the gift shop.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
- Driving is essential.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- One year customer service experience.
- A valid Texas Driver's License is required.
- Must be able to pass Typing test - 40wpm
- Must be able to pass Office Grammar & Spelling - 70%
- Must be able to pass Basic Computer Literacy - 70%
Physical Demands Light work:
- Retail experience is preferred.
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.