Under basic supervision, performs On-Site Sewage Facilities (OSSF) health inspections for the Public Health District (PHD). Essential Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs OSSF health inspections and investigates complaints to verify compliance with state and local regulations; reviews and approves OSSF designs and applications; facilitates resolution of compliance issues; applies and enforces statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and policies governing environmental health; assures that the services provided meet the program requirements.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
- Driving is essential.
- City policies and procedures.
- Federal and state public health program regulations and requirements, including Texas State Department of State Health Services and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality standards.
- Understanding and applying state laws and City/County policies and procedures governing OSSF.
- Compiling and analyzing PHD data, maintaining accurate records and generating reports.
- Utilizing standard personal computer software programs and specialized state and County software.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
Physical Demands Medium Work:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years' construction and/or public sector inspection experience
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Technical training and license as OSSF Designated Representative by Texas Commission on Environmental Quality is required as soon as possible, not to exceed three months from date of hire.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.