CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Financial Services Financial Analyst and Administration Specialist provides budgetary and financial analysis support for Financial Services and select areas within the division of Administration and Finance. The incumbent provides backup support of Financial Services administrative processes and programs.
• Participates in and takes a leadership role in the preparation of appropriate business processes, budgets, budget related policies and procedures supporting Financial Services and select areas within the Division of Administration and Finance (e.g., Office of the VP, Internal Audit, Risk Management, Facilities Planning, Environmental Health & Safety, etc.)
• Develops, analyzes and prepares financial reports for management.
• Act as an expert with respect to policies and procedures governing classifications of financial transaction.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3ApsObd
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a job-related field required.
• Equivalent to five (5) years of full-time, progressively responsible relevant experience.
• Oversight and administration of a program with supervision and/or lead experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty, and operational and fiscal analysis and techniques. Advanced knowledge of policies and procedures
• Ability and specialized skills to: take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved; expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications
• Ability to train others and provide lead work direction; interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures to develop conclusions and make recommendations.
• Analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistics; communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification: 1038 / Admin Analyst/Spclst 12 Mo
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4693 -$6200, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4693 -$8489 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• Applications received through October 4, 2021 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California