CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Marketing/Development Support Aid assists The Soraya Marketing team in asset collection, organization, and promotions, in addition to supporting the efforts of The Soraya's diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) work through organic social media planning. The incumbent assists YSNC Marketing/Development Departments with various administrative tasks, such as filing, sorting, restocking inventory, etc.
• Assist YSNC Marketing Department with organic Social Media engagement, as part of community outreach and campus engagement.
• Researches YSNC artists, including compiling facts and information for each presenting artist, and monitoring their social media platforms for upcoming events, articles, etc. In some cases works with YSNC team to acquire assets and asset approvals.
• Attends YSNC performances to assist with in venue marketing, including but not limited to photographing audience members at YSNC's "brand wall".
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3AxwZla
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Ability to work in a trainee capacity and demonstrate continued progress or improvement in work habits and skills; follow written and oral instructions; establish cooperative working relations with others; and read, write and perform tasks appropriate for specific assigned jobs.
• Demonstrate great communication skills; excellent customer service; great phone etiquette; and outgoing personality. A passion for the arts is helpful, but not required.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• Classification: 0101 / Helper Aid
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $14 -$15, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $14 -$21 per hour.
• Temporary-renewable, end date to be determined; intermittent, on-call; hours and schedule vary; may include off campus tabling events.
• Applications are currently being accepted to establish a Helper/Aid POOL. Applications for these on-call positions will be accepted on a continuing basis through June 30, 2022 or until an adequate amount of applications have been received.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California