Job Summary Mohave County Manager is currently recruiting for the position of Administrative Services Director located in Kingman, AZ. Relocating? Explore all that Mohave County has to offer at: http://www.mohavedevelopment.org/liveandplay/live-play/ For additional information, please click on the following link: Administrative Services Director Brochure
the Human Resources Office at (928)753-0736 Ext. 4490**First Review of Applications will be on October 8, 2021**.
Under administrative direction, oversees, manages, administers, and supervises all functions associated with overall Mohave County operations. Oversees personnel management, fiscal management, case flow management, record management, office management, space and equipment management, project management, public education and information management, research and advisory services and intergovernmental relations. REPORTS TO
Work is performed under general direction of the County Manager. The employee is expected to exercise independent judgment and discretion. Work is reviewed through performance appraisal and results achieved. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
As assigned, may provide technical supervision to subordinates or may directly exercise immediate to general supervision of assigned subordinates . Essential Job Functions
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Independently plans and carries out work assignments provided by the County Manager in accordance with established policies, consulting County Manager when unusual situations arise both to seek guidance and to alert him/her to the situation. Many assignments delegated to this position may be unique and may require deviation from or modification of existing guides.
- Interpret Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedure for impact on County activities, operations, and fiscal impact.
- Performs professional and administrative work in planning, organizing, and directing the activities of the County Manager's Office.
- Performs professional analytical studies of policies, procedures, systems, practices, operations, and organizational structures to devise, and recommends action and assists in formulating policy, procedure, work-flow design, budget development and implementation.
- Performs a variety of administrative functions for which no one method for accomplishment exists and analysis is required to determine the most effective course of action.
- Conducts research, surveys, and prepares reports, usually requiring compilation and analysis of data.
- Participates in organizational and management studies, preparing reports and making recommendations for the improvement of methods, procedures, organization, planning, and operational functions relating to the assignment.
- Receives, investigates, and resolves complaints or inquiries from employees and the general public concerning County operations.
- Assists in the resolution of operational or procedural problems and documents and assists in the coordination of a variety of administrative detail work.
- Policy development, review, and internal controls recommendations.
- Coordinates and implements strategic business planning and performance measurements for critical business processes.
- Prepares agenda items with appropriate documentation.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual budget by preparing sections for inclusion and providing supporting information.
- Assists in office management, inventory control, personnel management, and other administrative matters inherent in County administration and management.
- Serves as staff liaison with County departments, other governmental agencies, private groups, community organizations and the general public.
- Researches and prepares memos, reports, data, and other informational materials as requested or deemed necessary.
- Represents the County Manager at meetings and conferences as required.
- Communicates and acts in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Completes difficult or complex accounting or financial office support work; reviews and reconciles varied reports, budget or related financial or business data; audits and verifies various information, including source data as well as manual and computer-produced reports.
- Coordinates and supervises departmental projects; compiles operational, budget, and other statistical data and information, maintains various records, and prepares special and periodic reports; enters, maintains, validates and produces reports on records within various databases.
- Carries out special projects for the County Manager.
- Creates data collection plan and analyzes data throughout assigned projects.
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Financial Management, or related field.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible professional administrative experience in analytical, management and budgetary support services areas of a local, state, or federal agency (previous experience in city or county government preferred) including at least two (2) years at a managerial level.
- OR an equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provide the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Knowledge of:
- Must possess a valid State of Arizona Driver's License at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Principles and practices of public administration including management analysis and organizational design in the areas of fiscal, human resource, and information management, plus the full range of municipal level services and client satisfaction, and quality improvement.
- County government operations, organization, policies, and procedures.
- Principles and practices of statistical analysis, financial and cost analysis, as well as survey research and report writing.
- Principles of management and supervision.
- Leadership, supervisory and budgetary practices.
- Principles of strategic planning.
- Relevant Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Trends and practices in public sector administration.
- Principles of Project Management.
- Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations
- The operation of general office equipment such as computers and calculators.
- The use of personal computer-based office applications including word processing, spreadsheet calculation, presentation software, and database systems.
- Communicating and maintaining professionalism with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Reading, understanding, interpreting, and applying relevant city, county, state and Federal statutes, rules, ordinances, codes, and other relevant directives.
- Assessing, evaluating, prioritizing, and handling multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Working within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
- Producing written presentations and oral reports for internal and external audiences.
- Organizing and coordinating the efforts of County personnel and others.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, other County employees, representatives of other governmental agencies, victims, witnesses, news media, general public and others having business with Mohave County.
- Analyzing and evaluating effectiveness of financial, managerial, and organizational programs to develop solutions to enhance operations
- Plan and organize work and efficiently perform task assignments.
- Clearly and concisely prepare and review written reports supporting descriptive data and to make effective oral presentations to management and employees.
- Perform special studies, conduct extensive research, analyze findings, develop sound conclusions, prepare comprehensive reports and plans, and provide responsive assistance and advice to upper management on matters relating to the areas of concern or interest.
- Analyze difficult administrative, operational, budget, and financial problems and present solutions clearly and concisely.
- Adjust to changing conditions and various work assignments .
- Identify and analyze organizational, operational, and procedural problems and recommend solutions.
- Properly interpret and make recommendations in accordance with financial, technical, procedural, regulatory, and legal resources, materials, and guidelines.
- Analyze incoming correspondence and take appropriate action including composition of replies, researching for and compiling materials for requested information and referring requestors to additional or pertinent sources of information.
- Make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations.
- Effectively plan for and recommend system improvements in method, organization, procedure, and administration.
- Read, interpret, and apply technical materials encountered as a result of work assignments.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and documentation.
- Present ideas clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associate personnel, County officials, management and legal staff, intergovernmental and community agency individuals and groups, other County departments and agencies, federal agencies for television district licensing and tower registration and the general public.
- Perform the essential functions of the job specifications with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain high standards of confidentiality.
- Take lead role in project management functions.
- Recognize and act to notify and facilitate resolution on any anomaly in contract performance.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.