Come join our team and work in beautiful Uptown Sedona! The City of Sedona is now hiring for a T raffic Control Assistant . This is a great weekend job for those looking for a few extra hours.
Traffic Control Assistants work primarily in beautiful Uptown Sedona and assist with directing traffic and visitor questions. This permanent position provides the selected candidate the opportunity to interact with pedestrians, assist with directions, monitor parking and traffic situations, and offer guidance to our many tourists.
Shifts for Traffic Control Assistants are mainly on Fridays through Sundays and possibly Mondays during a holiday weekend.
This part-time job is perfect for those looking for a few extra hours on the weekend! Traffic Control Assistants will work from 12 to 19 hours per week on average.
The City will provide flagger training, uniforms, and necessary gear.
• Performs traffic and pedestrian control in Uptown area and other areas of the city as needed.
• Promotes community relations by routinely communicating with citizens, tourists, and with other team members.
• Assists the general public, provides directions and responds to questions and inquiries.
• Contributes to effective city operations by performing other duties as assigned.
• Drive department trucks as needed.
• Lift, carry, and place traffic cones to ensure the safety of work zones.
• Follow company policies and safety regulations at all times.
• Ability to direct traffic effectively.
• Knowledge of Uptown business district including streets and parking facilities.
• Ability to respond to requests and inquiries from the general public.
• Establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with those contacted in the course of work including city staff and the general public.
• Ability to work effectively in the absence of supervision.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of equipment and tools used in parking enforcement.
• Knowledge of public relations principles and techniques.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
• Ability to provide high level of customer service.
• Ability to arrive for scheduled work assignment on-time.
• Ability to effectively manage work zones and stations.
• Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
• Ability to work varying shifts, weekends, and/or nights.
• Ability to work successfully while exposed to moving vehicles and outside weather conditions.
• Ability to perform moderate physical work and to lift and carry up 25 pounds regularly and occasionally 50 pounds.
• Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions.
• Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, in various weather conditions and different times of day/night.
• Maintain effective audio/visual discrimination and perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties.
• Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Maintain a consistent and unrelenting focus on safety throughout all job functions.
• Ability to recognize dangers using hearing and vision.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINE
No experience necessary, will train. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), experience in traffic control or a customer service-related field desirable.
High school students are welcome to apply.
Develop superior knowledge of work zone setup and Professional Flagging responsibilities. Additional specialized training may be provided.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
Ability to pass and obtain (City provided training) Flaggers Certification within two months of hire.
Exposure to traffic noise, blowing dust, vehicle fumes and inclement weather.
Hours per week will vary on the city’s work schedule based on tourist seasons.
Arizona State Retirement benefits may be activated if the employee is hired to work more than twenty hours per week.
For every thirty hours worked, one hour of PTO time is allotted.
How to Apply:
To apply for this job opportunity, please click here .
928-203-5038 or 203-5189
City of Sedona
102 Roadrunner Drive
Sedona, AZ 86336
The City of Sedona is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at the City are based on business needs; job requirements; individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; or any other status protected by law or regulation.