Description General Description:
This is an administrative management position. The incumbent performs difficult and complex tasks related to the support, training and operation of the residential appraisal process and staff.Organization:
The Real Estate Supervisor reports to the Deputy Director of Real Estate Assessments and supervises appraisal staff.Essential Functions:
- Plans, supervises and directs the inspection and appraisal of all real estate to include the annual reassessment, new construction, acreage changes/splits, rezoning's made by subordinate appraisers to ensure uniformity and to check for errors in judgement
- Performs human resource functions and completes necessary paperwork. .
- Advises and assists staff in the appraisal of more difficult appraisal assignments.
- Monitors and maintains equitable staff work levels.
- Works closely with System Administrator to provide analysis and documented support for cost trends.
- Responds to taxpayer inquires and replies to correspondence as assigned.
- Makes presentations to the Board of Equalization as needed.
- Creates, maintains and runs reports for statistical analysis.
- Provides support and training in the operation, application and maintenance of specialized computer software.
- Performs related work as assigned.
• Potential danger around construction sites
C. Physical Effort
D. ExemptKnowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Extensive knowledge of building construction practices and of building and land values. Extensive knowledge of modern principles, practices, and property appraisal procedures. Must have skill in appraising real property. Excellent oral and written communication skills with users, analysts, programmers, and management. Ability to supervise the work of others, good familiarity, skill, and instructional abilities with personal computers and automated systems. Must have good judgment, accuracy and the ability to meet with the public and to discuss appraisals on a professional basis.Education, Experience and Training:
High school diploma or equivalent required (bachelor's degree with concentration in business or real estate related major preferred) and state appraisers license and professional designation preferred with at least six (6) years of related real estate appraisal work experience, including supervisory experience - OR - Any equivalent combination of education, experience
and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.Special Conditions:
• Criminal Records Check, including fingerprinting
• Valid Commonwealth of Virginia Driver's License
• Twelve-month probationary period
Revision Date: March 2019
Closing Date/Time: Continuous