Minimum Qualifications Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
Licenses and Certifications Required: Notes to Applicants
- Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job.
- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
The Austin Transportation Department's Mobility Demand Management Division is seeking a temporary IT Geospatial Analyst Senior to advance a broad range of activities with focus on IT geospatial solutions to support shared mobility and curb management programing.
The IT Geospatial Analyst Senior for the Mobility Demand Management Division will work closely with team leads and stakeholders to develop, maintain and improve geospatial data, tools and systems that aid the day-to-day operations of Mobility Demand Management programs. This position will work in ArcGIS desktop and ArcGIS Online and will be required to bridge data disparities across the multiple systems.
Ideal candidate will have the following:
Regarding your Application:
- Knowledge of transportation planning and engineering practices, including right-of-way management, traffic forecasting, and parking demand analysis.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and the ability to shift from one project to another without sacrificing quality.
A detailed and complete employment application is required to help us better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Please list your complete employment history (to include all job duties responsibilities and employment dates) on your online application. The application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered (e.g., "see resume" or "see Linked In Profile"). Resumes will not be used to qualify for the position and will not be used to recommend salary. Close Job Posting:
Department may close the job posting at any time after 7 days. 90 Day Provision for Additional Vacancy:
This posting may be used to fill other vacancies in other sections within the Division. Decisions on assigned section will be made at the time of hire based on business needs. Office Location Notes:
Office location is subject to change based on department needs and programs. Please note Austin Transportation positions are not at 100% remote operation. DUE TO COVID -19 all interviews for Austin Transportation are being conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams. Pay Range
$26.55 - $34.52Hours
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*Hours may vary depending on departmental needs and initiatives. Job Close Date
10/22/2021 Type of Posting
Austin Transportation Regular/Temporary
Temporary (No benefits) Grant Funded or Pooled Position
Not Applicable Category
1501 Toomey Road, Austin 78704 Preferred Qualifications
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Experience using ESRI supported desktop and web-based geographic information systems ( GIS ) to produce maps and manage geospatial data in an enterprise setting.
- Experience querying data warehouse with SQL and other structured query languages and creating custom reports.
- Experience using programing languages, R-Programming, Python, Model Builder, FME or similar tools to automate task for data processing and analysis.
- Experience using dashboard ESRI products, with the ability to create and maintain dashboards.
- Experience working with ArcGIS Pro, Community Analyst, Business Analyst, NearMap and/or Mapbox.
- Experience collecting data and disseminating information into GIS file formats, e.g., shapefiles, file geodatabases, KMLs, geoJson.
- Experience working with CADD Software and DGN file conversion to GIS file formats.
Designs, implements, and/or performs data management activities such as modifying elements and assigning privileges. Performs programming activities such as design, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and modification of geospatial applications. Analyzes data from various sources to produce data sets, cartographic layouts, and reports in accordance with specifications and standards. Researches and interprets source records and documents. Performs business process analysis, develops alternatives, and makes recommendations. Responds to requests for information from internal and external customers. Assists with the creation, publication, implementation, and improvement of IT policies, governance, standards, and security. Installs new software releases and/or upgrades including researching, testing, and implementing new geospatial technology. Communicates and interfaces with members of the IT, vendor, and user communities. Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Criminal Background Investigation
- Knowledge of programming/scripting principles, techniques, and documentation practices.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of mapping, coordinate systems, projections, and scale.
- Knowledge of basic database design principles.
- Skill in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new concepts.
- Ability to implement geospatial technology projects.
- Ability to modify geospatial applications and databases using scripting programming languages and automation tools.
- Ability to read and interpret surveys, legal descriptions, cartography, engineering documents, construction plans, and aerial and orthophotography.
- Ability to read and interpret applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to analyze automation needs and makes recommendations for data, geospatial software, and/or hardware solutions.
- Ability to produce maps and other representations of geospatial data using geospatial software.
- Ability to accurately identify/determine customer needs and take appropriate actions and/or steps to address identified needs.
- Ability to recognize, value, and include different perspectives, experiences, approaches, and cultures in achieving organizational goals.
- Ability to gain and maintain the trust and confidence of others and the organization through consistency and reliability.
- Ability to give, receive, or share thoughts, ideas, perspective, and data to create shared understanding.
- Ability to define, analyze, and find solutions for difficult or complex problems.
- Ability to view the big picture.
- Ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies.
- Ability to identify trends as well as isolated events.
This position does not require a Criminal Background Investigation EEO/ADA
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445. Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within
the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* The IT Geospatial Analyst Senior position requires graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job. Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years. Do you meet the minimum qualifications?
* Briefly describe how you meet the minimum qualifications and educational requirements.
(Open Ended Question)
* Do you have experience using ArcGIS Desktop 10, ArcGIS Online, and/or ArcGIS Pro?
- Experience in all three
- Experience in two
- Experience in one
* Describe your experience administering and/or editing geospatial data in an enterprise environment. Be specific about the technologies and platforms you've used.
(Open Ended Question)
* Summarize your experience conducting geospatial analysis and presenting the results in maps, reports and dashboards. Please specify what tool(s) or system(s) you used to conduct your analysis and showcase the results.
(Open Ended Question)
* How many years of experience do you have managing data relationships between various databases and systems?
- 1 to 2 years
- 2 to 3 years
- 3 to 5 years
- 5 years or more
* If selected for this position, the relevant work history on your application is used to determine your rate of pay. Your submission of a complete application is critical to the pay calculation. Your overall relevant experience from your employment application will be used in this calculation, not the resume or cover letter. Do you understand these statements?
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Resume Cover Letter Optional Documents