The City of Riverside is accepting applications for the position of Senior Innovation and Technology Analyst
to fill one (1) vacancy in the Network Operations Division
of the Innovation and Technology Department.
The eligibility list established may be used to fill the current and/or upcoming vacancies within this classification for up to six (6) months.
Under general direction, a Senior Innovation and Technology Analyst will perform a variety of complex professional, technical and analytical duties in the areas of programming, testing, troubleshooting, installation, implementation, documentation and maintenance of assigned systems, databases, programs and applications; to act in a lead capacity providing technical guidance to the Innovation & Technology Analysts; and perform other duties as assigned. For the current vacancy in the Network O p erations Division :
The Senior Innovation and Technology Analystposition will perform advanced-level IT Network and communication systems engineering work as part of the Network Operations Team. This position will also provide hands-on technical and technical project experience in wired and wireless communication routing, switches, web filters, firewalls, access control, and administration support for daily operations and new projects. They will coordinate with team members, City employees, vendors, and other groups to effectively perform general and routine requests such as network engineering, break/fix operational support, outage response, documentation, equipment installation, replacement, and upgrades. In addition, the Senior Innovation and Technology Analyst will follow procedures and guidelines to install, patch, configure, customize, troubleshoot, upgrade, integrate, and maintain systems and software, and support and collaborate with team members, vendors, and other technical staff on project efforts to achieve implementation plans and timelines.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform complex system analysis and consultation in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of information systems, networks, servers, supporting hardware and software applications in a specialized technical area.
- Act in a lead capacity over lower level Analysts and Technicians on a project basis.
- Provide advanced technical assistance to system users in accordance with applicable information systems policies, procedures, methods, and techniques.
- Evaluate, plan, implement and integrate new systems and current system upgrades.
- Prepare and design complex technical reports and new system designs.
- Perform project management duties, including task definitions, time estimates, deadlines, and time management, on assigned systems projects.
- Perform research, gather costing information, vendor quotes and recommend hardware and software based on current or new City standards.
- Develop and produce system documentation, instructional, procedural manuals and systems architectural design.
- Coordinate and conduct training for client users on assigned systems, applications, or other special projects.
- Work with administration and propose enhancements to improve services, policies, and procedures.
- Apply strong written and oral presentation skills when working directly with other Analysts or end users of varying technical ability and/or knowledge.
- Maintain effective and professional relationships with vendors and their technical support personnel.
Qualifications Option I:
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field.
Experience: Four years of full-time work experience in computer science, information systems, voice/data communications, data center operations, database administration or a related field. Option II:
Education: Equivalent to an Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field.
Experience: Six years of full-time work experience in computer science, information systems, voice/data communications, data center operations, database administration or a related field.Option III:
Education: High School graduation or satisfactory equivalent (GED).
Experience: Eight year of full-time work experience in computer science, information systems, voice/data communications, data center operations, database administration or a related field. Hi g hl y Desirable Qualifications f or the Network O p erations Division :
- Equivalent to a master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field.
- Five years of experience in supporting network operations for multi-protocol / multi-vendor networks, including but not limited to OSPF, BGP.
- Two years of experience managing Aruba Wireless LAN Controllers.
- Two years of experience with ClearPass administration.
- Two years of experience managing complex firewalls
- Two years of experience managing web filters.
- Possession of Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Aruba Professional level certification (ASCP), or Cisco CCIE certification.
Advanced-level knowledge in the following areas:
Necessary Special Requirement
- Multi-site, complex, enterprise size networks
- Secure network design and deployment
- Wired and wireless network deployment and troubleshooting
- Firewall and web filter configuration and troubleshooting
- VoIP, QoS, IP Multicast Routing
Possession of an appropriate, valid, class "C" California Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
When assigned to the Police Department, must be able to successfully pass an extensive police background.
Selection Process DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION: 1)
Completed Employment Application 2)
Completed Supplemental Questionnaire FOR DIRECTIONS COMPLETING YOUR ON-LINE APPLICATION, CLICK HERE: ( Application Guide).
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Those who successfully complete the selection process will be placed on the eligibility list for this classification. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are selected to move forward in the assessment process, you may be required to self-schedule your appointment. You will be notified via email of your status and provided with self-scheduling instructions. Please check your email regularly following the closing date of this recruitment.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation prior to the closing date of this recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background investigation, drug screen, and/or medical/ physical examination . NOTE
: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. Candidates may reapply when there is a posting to establish an eligibility list. EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Proof of education listed in your application will be requested at the time of conditional offer. Acceptable documentation consists of transcripts or degree, if applicable, by the accredited U.S. college or university.
Education obtained outside the United States (US) require one of the following options:
All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT.
- An equivalency statement from an evaluation company certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) at http://www.naces.org/members.html or the Association of International Credential Evaluators Inc. (AICE) at http://aice-eval.org/members/ .
- An advanced-level degree from an accredited US college or university.