About Our Job
Denver's Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DOTI), through its employees, enhances the quality of life in Denver by efficiently delivering effective, high quality, safe and equitable public infrastructure, and services. We employ a culture of safety throughout the department to strengthen workplace health and organizational performance. For more information, please visit the DOTI Website.
DOTI's Commitment to Equity:
- DOTI is committed to providing attention and resources to the areas, assets, and people of the city with the greatest need. Through equitable contracting, equitable investments, and equitable workforce development.
- DOTI's culture revolves around four key principles: (1) Invest in Our People, (2) Operate with Discipline, (3) Use Data to Drive Decisions, and (4) Deliver Results.
DOTI established the Performance Office to support strategic, financial, and operational decision-making using performance measures and key performance indicators. This information will form the story of our department and be the source for strategic communications, outreach, and official reports of progress to external stakeholders. Further, the Office will establish certain strategic performance goals to stretch capabilities and necessitate innovation, process improvement, and technology advancements to the benefit of our customers.
The Data Analytics Supervisor, as a member of the DOTI Performance Office, provides leadership and serves as a catalyst for the data analytics core function (people, processes, and technology). Additionally, the Data Analytics Supervisor will:
- Assess and prioritize organizational needs for data analytics services
- Support and develop team to deliver solutions
- Create innovative solutions to fill gaps in resource availability
- Develop, execute, and report overall department data strategy
- Align, assign, and accept work in conjunction with DOTI's core goals. Champion departmental data use and growth through programs that train, score, and improve on data culture
- Lead/project manage strategic projects that advance the department's capability to utilize data to make timely, well-informed decisions
- Coordinate processes for data project intake, prioritization of work/tasks, and resource allocation
- Schedule and assign projects and deadlines based on organizational priorities
- Seek opportunities to expand/improve data management, including as a liaison to internal agencies and relevant vendors
- Consult with partners on projects, contracts, RFPs, etc.
- Coach/advise department and analytics staff in data literacy and data management practices
- Possess knowledge of a business intelligence (BI) data warehouse environment
- Business Intelligence (BI) processes for organization
- Liaise between Technology Services (TS) and other departments for continued development of data strategy
- Understand what data is available across the organization, where it originates, how its stored, how its accessed, how it's used, and who uses or specializes in that data
- High and open calendar availability with flexibility in schedule to accommodate urgent requests throughout the organization and staff. While rare this can include nights, holidays, and weekends
- Operate as an escalation point for complex code or implementations, including personal knowledge, experience, and the use of external resources (trainings, SME contacts) when needed
- Grow knowledge of how other similar cities operate and identify ways this can help growth in Denver
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in Data Science and/or Applied Statistics
- Experience in project management
- Continuous improvement experience (Six sigma/Lean)
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques: modeling, mining, and cleansing
- Experience with change Management
- Experience in data management of large data sets
- An understanding of core business practices
- Experience supervising data developers in a largely autonomous remote workplace environment
- The ability to work interdepartmental and coalesce solutions around existing infrastructure and technical hurdles
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of data practices (science, warehousing, transforming, defining, and reporting), applications/technology (API, PowerBI, Crystal, Business Objects, Python, AWS, Tableau, SSIS, SQL) and principles (revision control, documentation, collaboration, project intake, task tracking).
- Strong office suite skills (Word, PowerPoint, Vizio, and Visual Studio)
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Government Analytics, Information Technology, or related field.
- Experience Requirement: Four (4) years of professional level experience, to include at least three years as a Data Analytics Senior.
- Education and Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
It is preferred that you include a resume on your job application (upload the attachment(s) to the Resume/CV section on the My Experience tab)About Everything Else
CA3301 Data Analytics Supervisor
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$90,016.00 - $148,526.00
Based on education and experience
Dept of Transportation & Infrastructure
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here