About Our Job
Fleet Technician III - Denver Police Department
City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment
The Denver Police Department is seeking to hire a Fleet Technician III to join our team. This position is located at:
5440 Roslyn St. Building A
Denver, CO 80216
Job responsibilities include:
- Conduct routine and annual inspections on all vehicles
- performs preventive maintenance on all vehicles.
- Prepare and maintain documentation, records, and reports.
- Prepare inspection reports to identify and document vehicle accident damage and needed repairs.
- Coordinate usage issues or unusual repairs with vehicle manufacturers.
- Observe all common shop safety standards.
- Respond to field service calls and performs preventive maintenance on equipment in shop or in field locations.
- Diagnose and repair gasoline, diesel, and alternate fuel powered engines on light and heavy equipment utilizing standard or specialized diagnostic and measuring tools.
- Diagnose and repair of vehicle emission systems.
- Perform Colorado state emissions testing.
- Performs major overhaul of engines and diagnose, repair, rebuild, and adjust engine and powertrain control systems using standard and specialized diagnostic equipment.
- Diagnoses, repairs, and maintains automatic, standard, and hydrostatic transmissions in conjunction with power take off units, clutches, drivelines, differential assemblies, and final drive units.
- Perform major repair of vehicle power plants and electrical systems.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs electronic and electrical systems including vehicle computer, transmission, fuel systems, batteries, alternators, starters, relay switches, solenoids, regulators, wiring harnesses, and other related electrical components.
- Repair vehicle heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), cooling systems, performing radiator repair, replacement of cooling system components, water pumps, shutters, and hoses.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain mechanical and hydraulic steering systems and perform wheel alignments.
- Diagnose, repair, and rebuild complete hydraulic systems including hydraulic cylinders, motors, pumps, valves lines and related components.
- Diagnose, reprogram, and repair of braking systems and traction control systems.
- Diagnose, reprogram, and repair passive (airbags) and active restraint systems including accident collision avoidance, parking aid, and occupant classification systems.
- Fabricate, weld, and repair parts using standard welding techniques and tools which includes design and installation of specialized equipment and mounting systems.
- Assists body shop with assessing vehicle damage.
The ideal candidate will have:
- ASE Certification
- Factory Certification(s)
- EVT Certification
- Strong problem-solving abilities with technical aptitude
- Strong work ethic
Fleet Technician Certification Stipend offered for eligible certification(s) issued by the national certification boards.
Applicants are required to provide own tools with position. Applicants are eligible up to $500 reimbursement for purchase of additional tools necessary.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience Requirement: Four (4) years of experience in the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of gasoline, diesel, or alternate fuel powered equipment, including electronic systems, hydraulic systems, transmission, and combustion engine overhaul.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- License/Certifications: By position, requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application.
- By position, requires the following certifications: Airbrake and/or Refrigerant Recovery & Recycling, Colorado Refrigerant Registration and a Colorado State Emission inspection license, and Motor Vehicle Air Conditioning as certified under section 609 of the Clean Air Act by an EPA-approved program by the end of probation.
- Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
CJ3077 Fleet Technician III
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$24.85 - $38.51
Based on education and experience.
Denver Police Department
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here