CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Athletic Equipment Manager is responsible for the ordering, inventorying, management, and/or distribution of all athletic equipment, uniforms, and supplies used by the various Intercollegiate Athletics programs.
• Prepares CSUN team locker rooms with practice and/or competition equipment and prepare visiting (opponent) team locker rooms.
• Maintains professional relationships with vendors; send appropriate and timely correspondence to vendors, as needed; ensure that commodities and services (as stated on contracts) are received in a timely manner; and alert supervisor of any discrepancies.
• Maintain an inventory control system of all equipment, uniforms, supplies, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3EBkMyl
• One year of experience which would provide adequate training for supervising the equipment and supply services in a college athletic program
• Possession of or ability to obtain an American Red Cross First Aid Certificate
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• General knowledge of equipment, materials, and supplies used in competitive sports and in physical education classes
• Working knowledge of proper methods of storing equipment
• Working knowledge of preservatives and cleaning materials and techniques used in maintaining athletic equipment
• Ability to compare names and numbers rapidly and accurately
• Ability to take inventory and maintain various types of records
• Ability to maintain and perform minor repairs of athletic equipment and clothes
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification: 1513 / Athletic Equipment Attendant 2
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $2912 -$3334, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $2912 -$4840 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• Applications received through October 1, 2021 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California