CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Administrative Support Coordinator provides clerical and administrative support to the Center for Assessment, Research, and Evaluation (CARE) administrators and staff within the CARE offices. The incumbent answers phones and responds to center email, organizes and maintains online (e.g., myCSUNbox, Qualtrics) and physical files, prepares and distributes items for members of the CARE team, such as meeting agendas, minutes and information packets.
• Compiles monthly Director reports; takes, writes, and edits meeting minutes; compiles information and supports the completion of annual and semi-annual reports; assists in editing documents (e.g., Word).
• Facilitates student assistant hiring, onboarding and separation processes.
• Screens, directs and responds to eTravel inquiries; creates chargebacks, requisitions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3tRROFr
• Equivalent to four (4) years of full-time, general office clerical and administrative support experience that has provided the applicant with the knowledge and abilities listed.
• Equivalent to full-time college or university education/vocational school training in business or job-related field may be substituted for up to two (2) years of the required experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; office methods, procedures, and practices; and university infrastructure, policies, and procedures. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
• Ability and specialized skills to: coordinate many different administrative duties; interpret and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures; set deadlines, priorities, and complete projects accordingly; draft and prepare memoranda and correspondence.
• Ability to keep moderately complex records and files; screen mail, telephone calls, and visitors; maintain confidential files; perform standard business math, track financial data, and make simple projections.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; and operate standard office equipment and software.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification: 1035 / Admin Support Coord 12 Mo
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $1532 -$1583, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $1532 -$2574 per month.
• HOURS: Part Time; 20 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
• TEMP: This is a Temporary-renewable position, end date to be determined.
• Applications received through October 1, 2021 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California