Department: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Business Unit: HR-RADIATION CONTROL PROGRAM
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 38
Salary Range: $58,380.48 - $87,320.16
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: ADRIAN L FOSTER
Phone: 702 486-2911
The Division of Public and Behavioral Health is recruiting for a Radiation Control Supervisor in Carson City, NV. The position is specifically responsible as the first-line supervisor of the Mammography unit of Radiation Control Specialists. The position is located within the Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Radiation Control Program. Supervisory duties include assigning and reviewing work, developing work performance standards, evaluating performance, counseling, and initiating disciplinary measures as needed. Under general guidance from the Program Manager, the position is responsible to implement the mammography program in accordance with state and federal requirements; develop budgets and contracts; annual inspections of mammography machines and facilities; review applications for mammography machine and operator certificates; draft certificate documents and coordinate staff activities with other program supervisors as appropriate.
The Mammography unit supervisor may be required to obtain and maintain U.S. Food and Drug Administration certification in accordance with the Mammography Quality Standards Act depending on the qualifications of the applicant. In addition, this position will oversee remediation activities at the Beatty low-level radioactive waste site and provide information to the regulated community and the general public concerning regulations and requirements of radiological programs.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in radiological science, X-ray technology, health physics, nuclear medicine, chemistry, math, biology, or closely related field and four years of progressively responsible professional experience in comprehensive radiation control programs, meeting federal and state requirements and including licensing and registration, emergency response and management, and investigations; OR one year of experience as a Radiation Control Specialist III in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
Training and Experience Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications/resumes include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application/resume and your responses to the questions asked. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application/resume) where you gained the background asked for in the question. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application. Once you apply for the position, you will be taken to a series of questions.
∗ Mammography program incumbents will be required to obtain and maintain U.S. Food and Drug Administration certification in accordance with the Mammography Quality Standards Act.
∗ Incumbents must comply with all applicable federal and State security and safeguard requirements.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and for continued employment.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Division duty officer rotation and call-back availability for public health incidents/emergencies are required for all positions.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno