Pay Range: $23.16 - $34.73/hr. Job Posting Closing On: Wednesday, October 20, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Construction Inspector job is available with The City of Fort Worth Property Management Department within its Facilities Division, Architectural Services. The Facilities Division provides City Departments with world class facility planning, design, construction, renovation and maintenance services. The Division is seeking a Sr. Construction Inspector to perform onsite inspections for vertical construction projects including construction, repair, maintenance or alteration of City owned buildings. The Sr. Construction Inspector job responsibilities include:
- Leads, oversees and participates in inspecting work quality and materials used in a variety of projects including the construction, repair and renovation of City owned buildings. Ensures compliance with building and construction standards, codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Sets up and attends pre-construction and pre-bid conferences. Reviews proposed project design documents.
- Reviews proposed change orders for scope of work and appropriate pricing. Evaluates and makes recommendations on proposed changes. Participates in negotiating change orders; prepare final edition of change order.
- Oversees or participates in the examination and analysis of construction materials. Initiates and/or accepts minor deviations from contract standards and specifications.
- Observes work during progress and upon completion for conformance to plans and specifications. Initiates and/or accepts minor deviations to standards and specifications.
- Performs preliminary and final inspections. Accepts construction work and signs off on project completion. Oversees construction project closeout activities.
- Meets with design professionals or contractors to interpret designs and modifications to plans and specifications. Provides technical guidance and interpretation and ensures compliance with city and industry standards, procedures and regulations.
- Prepares various inspection reports as required; maintains files and reports regarding inspection and plan check activities and findings.
- HS diploma/GED supplemented by college level course work in Engineering, Architecture Construction or a related field
- Three years of Construction Inspection experience involving the construction and maintenance of public works systems and structures.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License
- Experience in construction and inspection of large commercial (10,000 sq ft +) buildings preferred.
Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A Misdemeanor Conviction, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions in the last 10 years, Class A Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication in the last 10 years, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and ALL Family Violence Convictions regardless of class.Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Wednesday, October 20, 2021