Salary: $4,441 USD
Salary Top: $6,292
Apply By: Oct 20, 2021
Under general supervision, collect and analyze crime statistics and data obtained from law enforcement databases and public safety computer systems in the identification/apprehension of criminal offenders. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class:
- Collect and analyze crime statistics and data obtained from law enforcement databases and computer systems;
- Summarize crime statistics analysis findings;
- Collaborate crime data into usable categories;
- Determine crime patterns and series with attention to the sequential and geographic distribution of selected crimes;
- Train and assist law enforcement personnel utilizing specialized automated systems and software applications;
- Compare, forecast, interpret and disseminate information from crime reports and other data to assist with investigations, resource allocation, prosecution of criminal cases, and crime prevention initiatives;
- Communicate and interact with investigative and operational units and crime analysis units in other departments or agencies;
- Review crime reports, calls-for-service, warrant information, and criminal person files;
- Prepare and distribute bulletins related to crime and gang intelligence;
- Maintain and track gang-related incidents, probation and parole contacts, shootings, and gun-related incidents;
QUALIFICATIONS: Associates Degree in Criminal Law and Justice, Forensic Science or closely related field, AND one year experience in crime analysis. Must possess at the time of application and maintain a valid California Driver’s License. Other characteristics include but are not limited to:
- Knowledgeable of applicable City, county, state, and Federal statutes, rules, ordinances, codes, and regulations governing crime data and statistics, and of quality research and data analysis techniques; law enforcement related databases and search engines;
- Ability to prepare well-organized and accurate documents such as reports, memos, and correspondence; synthesize ideas and factual information into clear and logical written statements, respond quickly to changing situations, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, work with conflicting and competing deadlines to complete projects; identify, analyze, and implement solutions to complex problems, provide and follow oral and written instructions; establish and maintain productive working relationships,
- Skilled in: organizing and planning to ensure high productivity, utilizing computer databases to research, maintain, and update records and files, preparing business reports, letters, and memorandums, working with multiple and conflicting deadlines to complete projects, reviewing, interrupting, and analyzing criminal reports and data and skilled in establishing and maintaining productive working relationships;
- Proficient in using work-related computer applications, including email, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, the internet, and other electronic devices to perform essential job duties.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
Applications will ONLY be accepted ONLINE at www.cityofinglewood.org/jobs.aspx until the position is filled. Resumes are accepted but not in place of a completed application. Please send resumes and required certifications in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject line your name and job title.
NOTE: The City requires all employees to be COVID vaccinated as a condition of employment.
1 West Manchester Blvd, HUMAN RESOURCES DEPT STE 810, Inglewood, California