Position Scope ***RECRUITMENT IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED***
Under general supervision, performs intermediate skilled mechanical tasks in the maintenance and repair of water treatment, wastewater treatment plants and pumping facilities; does other related work as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties ARE NOT
intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Duties include troubleshooting electrical and mechanical systems, responding to emergency calls for repairs, and operating machinery with an emphasis on servicing, repairing, and maintaining equipment.
- Installs, operates, maintain and repair mechanical equipment at wastewater, water treatment, booster pumping stations and collection system wet wells. May troubleshoots motors, controls, programmable logic controllers (PLC's), valves and electrical equipment.
- May perform installation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of low voltage and medium 3-phase voltage equipment and switch gear, other electrical systems and components as required.
- Monitors and repairs operational machinery and equipment such as but not limited to: pumps, chlorinators, chemical feeders, contactors and installs and replaces other related equipment or materials as needed.
- Operates a variety of vehicles and equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
- Maintains maintenance and repair records of all equipment within the City of Buckeye's water and wastewater facilities.
- Completes required daily documentation, inspection logs and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Minimum Qualifications & Position Requirements Education and Experience:
A High School diploma or GED equivalent, and three (3) years of skilled experience performing duties in one of the following areas: mechanical, electrical, and/or electronics preferred. Maintenance experience related to water or wastewater equipment is desired.Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Knowledge of:
- City policies and procedures.
- Principles and practices of water and wastewater treatment distribution and operation.
- Equipment maintenance and repair methods and materials.
- Methods, practices, tools, and materials used in maintaining, repairing, or constructing deep well facilities, booster stations, wastewater treatment plant equipment and machinery and wastewater lift stations.
- Hydraulics and pneumatics of systems involving pneumatic tanks, deep wells, air compressors, actuators, wet wells, pumps, and booster stations.
- Safety standards and practices.
- Traffic laws and rules involved in vehicle and equipment operation.
- Principles of record keeping and records management.
- Safe and efficient operation of trucks and equipment according to standard operating and safety procedures.
- Reading and interpreting maps, technical specifications and operations manuals for vehicles and equipment.
- Following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
Additional Information Special Requirements:
Possession of a valid Arizona Driver's License. Possession of a grade 1 Water or Wastewater Operator Certification from ADEQ or the ability to acquire within one year of hire.Physical Demands / Work Environment:
Work is performed outdoors and in public facilities.Reports To:
Water Resources Superintendent-ReclamationSupervision Exercised:
Employee Benefits & Wellness
The City offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time classified and management employees. Part-time classified employees may be eligible for select benefits where defined.
For complete Benefit Plan & Wellness Information, please visit the City website at:
Benefits & Wellness
City benefit plans are subject to change at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous