Under general direction from the IT Director, the Spillman Application Administrator is responsible for work pertaining to the implementation, modification and/or maintenance, troubleshooting, testing and training of Spillman Computer aided dispatch/Records management system (CAD/RMS) software, and operates a CAD/RMS help desk for system problems. Performs related duties as assigned.
The Spillman Applications Administrator (SAA) coordinates the implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and training of the Spillman software. Responsibilities include setting up the Spillman tables as well as user groups, user privileges, various database parameters and any other database related requirements. Additionally, the SAA troubleshoots user problems and coordinates special needs with Spillman Technologies. As the training and support specialist, the SAA trains agency users on the use of the Spillman applications and operates a help desk for systems problems. The SAA is also a data quality control specialist who checks key tables in the Spillman applications to ensure that the information contained therein has been properly entered.
The SAA is also responsible for coordinating with other Spillman Applications enterprise users to establish best practices, knowledge transfer and training techniques. Internally, the Spillman Application Administrator works with the IT staff to support desktop and remote users as it relates to troubleshooting or customer/staff inquiry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties ARE NOT
intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Monitor system implementation and pre-installation steps.
- Maintain all system security to include adding, modifying and deleting users in both Windows and CAD/RMS software, adjusting user privileges, configuring login parameters and tailoring CAD/RMS users' login scripts.
- Responsible for the proper configuration and implementation of CAD/RMS modules, Code tables, workflow and CAD/RMS mapping.
- Monitor disk storage utilization, monitor memory utilization, plan for future hardware needs.
- Configure ports, configure print spoolers, perform regular system backups.
- Maintain Code application, maintain a system log.
- Respond to 24-hour calls for assistance providing emergency technical support to return programs and systems to operational mode during off-duty hours.
- Remain current on job-specific procedures through training courses, professional associations and trade publications to apply appropriate methodologies.
- Coordinate all user training, implement ongoing training plan to train new employees and to refresh employees already trained. Distribute CAD/RMS user guides and data entry standards, maintains training database.
- Provide first level support to assist in solving all problems reported to helpdesk. Communicate with CAD/RMS vendor helpdesk to resolve issues.
- Perform data entry audits to ensure data entry standards are being followed.
- Write, establish, implement and enforce standards, policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective use of the CAD/RMS hardware, software and operating systems.
- Prepare written documents and reports (e.g., monthly and special reports, bulletins, analyses, etc.) to communicate information.
- Evaluate the functionality and efficiency of the CAD/RMS to consider upgrades, new modules and/or a replacement CAD/RMS.
- Attend meetings or conferences to obtain and/or disseminate information regarding assigned work area issues and programs.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications & Position Requirements Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field and three (3) years' experience as a Spillman CAD/RMS Administrator (lead or secondary) or five (5) years' experience as a Spillman CAD Administrator, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- City organization, operations, policies and procedures
- State and federal laws relating to information technology and public safety technology
- Spillman CAD/RMS Administration
- Confidential and record retention requirements
- Administering, interfacing with, and maintaining Faircom Database engine
- Installing, configuring, maintaining and training on Spillman PC applications
- Administering and maintaining all aspects of the Spillman server application
- Solid understanding of Windows server platforms
- Analyzing information technology issues, evaluating alternatives, and making logical recommendations based on findings
- Working under pressure of deadlines, and establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with employees, officials, other agencies and the general public
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands
- Effective oral and written communication
Valid Arizona Operator's Driver's License. Must pass a thorough background investigation.
Employee Benefits & Wellness
The City offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time classified and management employees. Part-time classified employees may be eligible for select benefits where defined.
For complete Benefit Plan & Wellness Information, please visit the City website at:
Benefits & Wellness
City benefit plans are subject to change at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous