Position Scope ***MULTIPLE OPENINGS; THIS POSITION IS SEASONAL AND WILL WORK WITH BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR 2021/2022***
Under close supervision, assists and supports recreation staff in providing recreation programs for the Buckeye youth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties ARE NOT
intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Assist in day-to-day operations (including set-up and organization) of various recreation programs, events and activities.
- Sets up and takes down equipment for activities and events; supervises and coaches participants as directed.
- Monitors program participants.
- Referee youth sports programs offered through the City.
- Interacts with the public in responding to questions and assisting in preparation for programs and events.
- Enforces rules and regulations and monitors security of facilities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications & Position Requirements Education and Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Must be a minimum of 16 years of age. High school diploma or GED is required to work in some recreation programs. Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interact with citizens in a fun, friendly and courteous manner.
- Interact effectively and courteously with the public and other employees.
- Knowledge of various types of recreation programs (i.e. athletic games, drama, music and/or computers).
- Skill in effective oral and written communication.
Additional Information Special Requirements:
Current First Aid and CPR certifications or ability to obtain. Reports To:
Recreation CoordinatorSupervision Exercised:
Employee Benefits & Wellness
The City offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time classified and management employees. Part-time classified employees may be eligible for select benefits where defined.
For complete Benefit Plan & Wellness Information, please visit the City website at:
Benefits & Wellness
City benefit plans are subject to change at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous