Under general supervision, performs a variety of professional, technical and administrative activities to support the functions of the assigned Department; manages special projects and assists with program management; duties may vary according to work assignment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties ARE NOT
intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Collects financial, technical and administrative information and compiles data for reports; updates and corrects operational and statistical database; prepares and submits financial and technical reports as required.
- Manages special projects as directed; conducts research, collects and consolidates data, and compiles findings; validates and analyzes data, and recommends solutions.
- Analyzes trends, market data and issues; investigates and resolves concerns and problems.
- Coordinates information and assures effective communications between departments; clarifies and reconciles issues relating to department functions, budgets and procedures.
- Resolves problems and customer service inquiries within scope of authority; provides advice and assistance to customers and external agencies.
- Composes correspondence and other documents on a wide variety of subjects requiring knowledge of the programs, services and policies of the assigned Department; creates, develops and processes technical documents and other communications.
- Provides and explains technical and financial information to customers, external agencies and City staff and management.
- Maintains calendars, schedules meetings and appointments; prioritizes and resolves complex meeting schedules; prepares meeting agendas and presentation materials; takes and transcribes meeting minutes, and prepares summaries as required.
- Performs and coordinates a wide range of technical, analytical, and administrative duties.
- May supervise and review the work of office staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Minimum Qualifications & Position Requirements Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Public or Business Administration, and two (2) year's experience in project management and administrative support, including one (1) year of public sector experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Knowledge of:
- City policies and procedures.
- Project management principles and techniques.
- Research methods and technical report writing.
- Principles and practices of accounting, statistical analysis and budgets.
- Principles and practices of record keeping and records management.
- Reading and understanding City, state and Federal rules and regulations.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Analyzing problems, identifying solutions, recommending and implementing methods, procedure and techniques for resolutions.
- Preparing complete, complex, comprehensive, and accurate documents and reports.
- Operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of business software including Word, Excel or Acces, Powerpoint and Microsoft Publisher.
- Working independently and as a team member, maintaining composure, and working effectively in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Effective oral and written communication.
Additional Information Work Schedule:
Monday - Thursday, 7:00am - 6:00pm
Employee Benefits & Wellness
The City offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time classified and management employees. Part-time classified employees may be eligible for select benefits where defined.
For complete Benefit Plan & Wellness Information, please visit the City website at:
Benefits & Wellness
City benefit plans are subject to change at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous