Public Services Department - 4081 Alvis Court Rocklin, 95677
DescriptionTHE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate for this position will possess at least two years of experience providing technical and customer support to a related public works program such as environmental management, engineering, or construction. The ideal candidate will also:
- Possess experience in creating CEQA/NEPA documents
- Possess experience in MunicipalSeparate Storm Sewer System (MS4) implementation and low impact development implementation/calculations
- Have experience in the management of urban and open space areas in accordance with regulatory agencies
- Be well versed in CalRecycle compliance
- Demonstrate superior customer service skills and possess experience participating in residential conversations and meetings and educational outreach activities related to solid waste, weed abatement, open space management, and storm water
- Have experience performing field work related to environmental testing (both physical and chemical)
- Possess strong computer skills in website management, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and Microsoft Office suite.
The Environmental Services Specialist plans, coordinates, and implements various environmental programs/operations for the City of Rocklin. Duties include:
- Preparingenvironmental related studies.
- Developing and implementing CEQA/NEQA programs by compiling, evaluating, documenting, and preparingenvironmental impact reports, environmental assessments, negative declarations, exemptions, and other environmental documents.
- Coordinatingcity review and comment onenvironmental documents prepared for adjacent jurisdictions.
- Coordinating efforts related to the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit with local, regional, and state entities; managing and maintaining related documents.
- Preparing and coordinating environmental permit applications for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, California Reclamation Board, and Regional Water Quality Control Board, and other environmental permits and approvals.
- Servingas the Industrial Facility General Storm Water Permit Coordinator.
- Serving as the City's liaison to state and federal resource agencies and implementing related programs, including, but not limited to, memorandums of agreements, habitat conservation plans, or other regional conservation programs.
- Implementing the City's Open Space Management Plan by managingopen space areas and nature preserves in accordance with various regulatory agency requirements; monitoringreports and contracts to ensure compliance.
. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, geology, biology, physics, environmental engineering, environmental science, environmental studies, industrial hygiene, or a closely related field; AND
Two (2) years of full-time experience performing duties related to environmental compliance. License Requirements
- Possession of, or ability to obtain and maintain, a valid California Class C Driver License and a satisfactory driving record is required. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to a disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Job Description URL:
Job Video Link URL:
A variety of plans are offered through CalPERS. The City contributes up to $1,200 per month to active employees and eligible retirees,and the employee pays the difference. Dental and Vision
City-paid for employee and dependents. Health Coverage Reduction Incentive
Employees with less than full family coverage for health, dental, and vision may receive incentive pay of $75 - $250 per month. Leave Accruals
Retirement - CalPERS
- Sick Leave : 12 sick days per year
- Vacation : 15 days for the first year, progresses up to 27 days based upon years of service
- Holidays : 10 paid holidays per year
(in accordance with Public Employees' Retirement Law)
- 2% @ 62 (PEPRA) Employees: Hired on or after January 1, 2013 with no prior membership with a California public retirement system or not eligible for reciprocity
- 2% @ 55 (Classic) Employees : Current CalPERS members or former CalPERS members without a break of service of more than 180 days.
Rocklin offers optional programs for employee participation (457 plans). Insurance
- Life Insurance and AD&D : City paid $50,000
- Long-Term Disability : Coverage is 50% of monthly salary up to $6,000 per month
- A DMV driving record printout must be provided along with the application (you may upload it as an attachment in this system).The printout must be dated within two (2) months of your application for this recruitment. The link to obtain the driving record is below:
- You must attach a copy of your college transcripts to you application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
Closing Date/Time: Until filled