Salary: $20.96 - $28.69 Hourly USD
All Charleston County Employees, as a condition of employment must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide their vaccination card.
This full-time position is with health benefits and performs nursing services in our Opioid Treatment Program within an outpatient setting. The nurse will administer medication to patients who have an opioid use disorder. This nurse will work with an interdisciplinary team of counselors, nurse practitioners, medical doctor, and internal psychiatric services, to manage patient's individualized treatment plan.
Continuation of employment in this position is contingent upon availability of funding from services, program and agency earnings.
STARTING HOURLY: $20.96
APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINE: Submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department, on a going basis, prior to the APPLICATION DEADLINE OF: SUNDAY, JANUARY 2, 2022 or earlier if filled.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Working with internal and external healthcare professionals to coordinate care
• Participate in the medical admission process of new patients, and annual physicals
• Monitoring signs and symptoms of withdrawal before administering medication
• Perform tuberculin skin testing, IM injections, taking vital signs, administering breathalyzer assessment
• Administering Methadone, Suboxone, Vivitrol, and Sublocade medications
• Following physician orders and documentation in an electronic medical record system
• Following strict DEA, DHEC, Board of Pharmacy, CARF regulations and documentation
• Attending and participating in weekly treatment team meetings
• Participating in emergency/disaster preparation (hurricane, flooding, etc.)
• Cleaning/inspecting all medical equipment for proper functioning
• Licensing as an LPN from the State of South Carolina, supplemented by three (3) years of practical work experience in an inpatient or outpatient human services delivery system, or hospital
• Familiarity with substance abuse patients is preferred
• Must be annually re-certified in CPR
• Have appropriate attitude and demeanor for maintaining smooth working relations with patients, staff, outside agencies, and the general public.
• A valid SC driver's license or the ability to obtain one upon acceptance of the position
This position will work a combination of weekdays (5:45am - 1:15PM), and every other Saturday (7:00AM - 10:00AM).Closing Date/Time: 1/2/2022 11:59 PM Eastern
Charleston, South Carolina