Description All Charleston County Employees, as a condition of employment must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide their vaccination card.
Charleston County Consolidated 9-1-1 Center is looking for individuals with strong customer service skills wanting to serve their community. 9-1-1 is a challenging, yet gratifying career. Make a difference and earn a competitive income and excellent benefits package working in a fast-paced, public safety environment. No experience necessary. Our Telecommunicators average $50,000 per year after two years of employment. Come Save Lives With Us! Additional information about this position and Charleston County Consolidated 9-1-1 Center can be found by visiting
http://workfor911.com/ HIRING HOURLY: $18.07 or higher based on experience
We ask that you only apply for a position once during this time period. APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINE: Submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department, on a going basis, prior to the APPLICATION DEADLINE OF: SUNDAY, JANUARY 2, 2022 or earlier if filled.Duties and ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities:
Charleston County Consolidated 9-1-1 Center Telecommunicators receive and process incoming emergency, non-emergency, and administrative calls and dispatch calls for service to law enforcement, fire agencies and emergency medical services. Shift Requirements:
Telecommunicators work 12.25 hour day or night shifts. The day shift begins at 5:45 a.m. and ends at 6:00 p.m. and the night shift begins at 5:45 p.m. and ends at 6:00 a.m. Telecommunicators are expected to work nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. Employees are expected to report to work as called upon during emergencies, and be prepared to stay during the duration of the event. Minimum Qualifications Non-Negotiables:Must have a positive attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate well to a diverse group of people.
- No marijuana use within the last year, no other drug use within the last three years
- Able to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime (Our staff works several hundreds of hours of overtime a year)
- Must be willing to work a 12.25 hour shift either day or night shift, weekends, and holidays
- Our shifts start at 5:45am for day shift and 5:45pm for night shift
- Able to report to work as instructed during emergency situations and be prepared to stay during the duration of the event
- Must be 18 years of age or older by date of hire
- Have a High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Must be a US citizen, permanent resident, or possess an Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
- Demonstrate the ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute (WPM) or 10,500 key strokes per hour (KPH)
- Complete computer aptitude test and applicant performance assessment
- Must have no felony convictions; misdemeanors will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and disposition information must be provided.
- Pass a background investigation including driving record, employment history, employment, education, and training verification, illegal conduct (drug use, etc.), reference check, and polygraph examination.
- Pass a pre-employment physical and psychological evaluation
- Be able to successfully complete Level IV CJIS Security Awareness Training within 6 months of date of hire, and maintain the certification.
Closing Date/Time: 1/2/2022 11:59 PM Eastern