The Modesto Irrigation District is currently recruiting to fill one full-time regular position under general supervision of the Water Treatment Plant Operations Supervisor, to supervise, operate, monitor, inspect and maintain a water treatment plant and its related facilities. Any qualified individual may apply.
This is a non-exempt position and is allocated to the Utility Services and Maintenance Bargaining Unit. The list established as a result of this recruitment may be used to fill other Water Treatment Plant Senior Shift Operator vacancies that may occur within the District through September 9, 2022. Examples of Duties:
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Operate all necessary Water treatment equipment essential in treating, transmitting, storing, and delivering potable water, compute chemical dosages and flow rates;
- Operate pumps, valves and other equipment manually and remotely;
- Inspect, adjust, and maintain equipment;
- Physical, chemical and bacteriological analysis of water;
- Maintain necessary records and reports;
- Observe and enforce District safety rules;
- Supervise and train personnel in plant operation and maintenance activities;
- Control plant operation using SCADA and PC based computer systems;
- Use proper chemical applications and storage.
This job involves shift, weekend, and holiday work, including rotating or relief shifts.Other Related Duties
Other duties as assigned. Typical Qualifications:
Any combination of education, experience, knowledge and abilities may satisfy the necessary minimum qualifications. A typical way to obtain the education, experience, knowledge and abilities would be:Education
: High School diploma or equivalent. Formal course work in water treatment.Experience
: Two (2) years of experience operating a water treatment plant and one (1) year as an operator in charge of a shift as a T3 Operator.Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of a conventional/direct filtration water treatment facility and appurtenances;
- Knowledge of membrane water treatment facility and appurtenances;
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations;
- Knowledge of drinking water regulations;
- Knowledge of pumps, hydraulics, electricity and mechanical devices;
- Knowledge of basic laboratory and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to train and instruct personnel, assess changing conditions and initiate appropriate action;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to prepare clear, complete and concise written reports;
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction;
- Ability to perform all duties in a safe manner;
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with others.
: Must have a Water Treatment Operator Certificate (T3) and Water Distribution Operator Certificate (D2) issued by the State Water Resources Control Board at the time of appointment . Must obtain, within 18 months of appointment a Water Treatment Operator Certificate (T4) and maintain thereafter. Must have a valid California Class C driver's license. Supplemental Information:
Qualified applicants must submit a completed District application. Application screening will begin on or after Thursday, September 30, 2021.
Applications received after this date are not guaranteed consideration.
Applications will be reviewed on a comparative basis and only those most qualified will be invited to continue in the selection process, which will consist of an overall assessment of the individual's skills through (1) oral interview and (2) contacting of references to include current and former supervisors. The applicant must perform successfully in each phase of the recruitment in order to continue in the selection process.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact Human Resources at (209) 526-7341. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD. The Modesto Irrigation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE VERIFICATION OF HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR GED AND APPLICABLE HIGHER EDUCATION DEGREE, PASS A MEDICAL EXAM INCLUDING A DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREEN, AND A COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECK PRIOR TO BEGINNING WORK.
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.