Do you enjoy supporting critical applications, solving sophisticated problems, and helping customers resolve issues while creating a positive customer experience? Do you respond to new challenges with a passion? Are you a leader who enjoys motivating yourself and your team to learn new technologies and implement a clean design? If so, read on!
The City of Chandler is hiring for Sr. Applications Support Engineer (IT Sr. Programmer/Analyst).
We have two (2) positions available; these positions support critical applications that allow City of Chandler to serve its citizens and make Chandler a great place to live and play.
The Sr. Applications Support Engineer is part of a close-knit team of curious, inquisitive, and self-motivated individuals that affect how City of Chandler delivers services. Our team has a phenomenal sense of value because what we do impacts the citizens of Chandler. You'll be engaged in maintenance, upgrades, and improvements for various applications. Empower yourself to use your skills to your fullest potential! The City
Chandler, the fourth largest City in Arizona, is located in one of the fastest growing innovation and technology centers in the nation. Chandler is a vibrant, diverse, fiscally responsible community with a supportive business climate that attracts global industry leaders, exciting startups, talented workers and their families. In addition to being a great place to live, play and work our local hotels, resorts, golf courses, restaurants and ample shopping opportunities make Chandler one of Arizona's great vacation spots. Who we are
The City of Chandler, Information Technology Department consists of 58 positions, along with contractors and managed services, that provide technology solutions and support to over 2200 full-time, temporary and part-time employees in the City.
We are a progressive and innovative team that partners with employees and citizens to deliver cutting edge, innovative technology solutions in support of the City of Chandler's Mission and Values. Minimum Qualifications
- Five (5) years of recent systems application analysis, highly complex technical documentation programming, including acting as a lead system implementer on a project team delivering an enterprise solution;
- Three (3) years of recent experience in developing and supporting web-based applications;
- Proficiency in SQL Server Management Studio T-SQL and SQL development;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in web development (C#, ASP.Net, Angular, Node.js preferred), BASH/Linux, XML, JSON, Database development (Progress, SQL, PL/SQL desired);
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field;
- Any equivalent combination of education and current experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position.
To view the complete job description click here
- Python experience;
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience;
- Experience with Ansible Tower;
- Experience with Docker;
- Experience with continuous integration and DevOps methodologies;
- Project Management.
A register of qualified candidates will be active for four (4) months should another position become available.
The City of Chandler will conduct a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable results.
Applicants for employment and volunteer opportunities should be aware of the City of Chandler's policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City's Drug Free Workplace Policy. A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or volunteer opportunity.
The City of Chandler fingerprints all applicants selected for hire to evaluate the fitness of prospective employees. The examination process may vary if determined necessary.The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation
Closing Date/Time: Continuous