The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Water Operations Manager in the Department of Utility Services. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Under limited supervision, responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and managing
the operation and maintenance of the City's potable water treatment and distribution facilities including the operation, maintenance and repair of storage, pumping, and pressure control facilities, and the Cross Connection program, in compliance with regulatory requirements; and performs related duties as assigned.
Click here to familiarize yourself with the position and its physical requirements .
Click here to learn more about the Department of Utility Services.
Click here to see what it's like to live in/visit Henderson. Minimum Qualifications
Required Documents/Assessment Information DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:1)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, or a closely related field
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the treatment or distribution of water or wastewater, three (3) years of which was at the supervisory or management level
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483
- Possess and maintain a Grade IV Water Treatment and Water Distribution Operator certificate as required by the State of Nevada, or the ability to obtain such certificates within twelve (12) months from date of appointment.
- All required licenses and certifications must be obtained and maintained at the incumbent's expense.
Completed Employment Application 2)
Completed Supplemental Questionnaire 3)
* Copy of current and valid Grade IV Water Treatment and Water Distribution Operator certificate from the State of Nevada (if applicable) *In addition to completing the online employment application and supplemental questionnaire, it is required that you attach a Resume and Certificate(s) (if applicable) to the "Attachments" section of your application. Click here for attachment instructions. ASSESSMENT DATES:
Oral Board Interview (Weighted 100%) - Dates to be determined
(Best Qualified Candidates)
Selection Interview - Dates to be determined
(Top Scoring Candidates) All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson on-line application system. Please check your e-mail on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on dates that are to be determined. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to make themselves available to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates. Selection Process
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department in writing prior to the close of the recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/ physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.