Position Overview What's the job?
Therapeutic Recreation and Inclusion Services provides recreation and leisure opportunities to patrons of all abilities. We are looking for part-time and seasonal Site Leaders to oversee the day-to-day operations of on-site therapeutic recreation programs. What's the pay?
$13.87 to $14.15 per hour What will you learn?
Working in Therapeutic Recreation is an incredible opportunity to not only make a difference in the lives of others but to broaden your horizons and personal experiences. We are looking for individuals passionate about creating fun and unique experiences for some wonderful participants. What type of work will you do?
This position oversees the day-to-day operations of on-site therapeutic recreation programs and ensures that safe and appropriate programs, events, and excursions are provided to participants with disabilities and specials needs. This position also plans and coordinates services provided by Inclusion Services, including, but not limited to, behavior plans, assessments, modifications of activities, and purchasing adaptive equipment and supplies.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description Where will you work?
Parks and Recreation offers two community-based therapeutic recreation programs and assistance in determining the most effective means of inclusion support for individuals to participate in any Parks & Recreation program.
How many hours will you work each week?
- On The Go is a community-based recreation program for adults of varying abilities wishing to meet new friends through recreation and independent living activities. The program is designed for ages 22 and up and follows the Clark County School District's 9-month calendar. On the Go operates from 2:00pm to 5:30pm Monday through Friday at Henderson Multigenerational Center, Silver Springs Recreation Center and Valley View Recreation Center, and is not offered during the summer.
- Rec & Roll is a recreation program for young adults with disabilities that provides opportunities to explore recreational interests in a structured environment as well as develop the skills needed for independence. The program is designed for grades 9 to 12 (or up to 21 years of age) and follows the Clark County School District's 9-month calendar. Rec & Roll operates from 1:30pm to 5:30pm Monday through Friday at the Henderson Multigenerational Center and Valley View Recreation Center, and is not offered during the summer
That depends on your availability and where we need you to work. There is no guarantee to a certain number of hours each week, but part-time hourly employees may work up to 29 hours per week year-round and up to 40+ hours per week when working during the summer. You may be scheduled to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays depending on assignment and work location. What about COVID-19?
If hired, you will be required to wear a face covering while at work and follow all City of Henderson COVID-19 safety policies, procedures, and practices like social distancing, washing your hands, and sanitizing work areas. Program participants and patrons visiting our centers must also comply with all COVID-19 safety rules and state directives in order to use our facilities and participate in programs. What happens after you apply?
Your application will be reviewed to make sure you meet the minimum requirements for this position. Submitting an application does not guarantee that you will be interviewed, but we need you to apply online in order to be considered.
At this time we are not interviewing anyone in person, so you should be prepared to interview virtually or by phone, so please make sure your application includes an email address that you check regularly and a current phone number that is set up for voicemail, and please regularly check your voice mailbox so we can leave you a message. If it's full we can't leave a message. We encourage you to sign up to receive SMS/text messages - you can opt-in when you apply. This is a safety-sensitive position, which means that you are subject to drug testing if we offer you a position, as detailed under NRS 613(1)(d). Minimum Qualifications
- You must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application, hire, or promotion.
- You must have two (2) years of experience working in programs designed for clients with disabilities and/or special needs. Applicants with supervisory experience in a recreation program setting are encouraged to apply.
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent at the time of application.
- You must have a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483, and be able to drive a fifteen (15) paratransit bus or passenger van (this position does not require a CDL).
- You will be required to obtain a high school diploma or the equivalent within six (6) months of hire or promotion.
- You will be required to obtain first aid and CPR certifications within six (6) months of hire.
- You will be required to obtain specific certifications related to the position.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description Required Documents/Assessment Information
Online Application Selection Process
You will be contacted by email or phone during the application and hiring process. It is your responsibility to check the email and phone number voicemail you provided on your application.
We can't leave you a message if your voicemail is not set up or is full, so please make sure that you set up, check, and clear out your voicemail during the application and hiring process.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Employment with the City may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer background investigation, medical/physical examination, and a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.