The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Computer Analyst I in the Department of Information Technology. This is an open continuous recruitment and testing of applicants will occur on an ongoing basis. The Eligibility List may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to (1) year.
Under general supervision, performs routine work for the operation and support of computer hardware, mobile devices, peripherals, AV systems, and software applications; provides customer service and technical advice, training, and assistance to City employees; and performs related duties as assigned.
Click here to familiarize yourself with the position and its physical requirements.
Click here to learn more about the Department of Information Technology.
Click here to see what it's like to live in/visit Henderson. Minimum Qualifications
Required Documents/Assessment Information DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:1)
- High school graduation, or the equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience in a combination of the following: computer hardware and software support, AV systems support, network resource administration, and customer support services
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- CompTIA A+ Certification must be obtained within one year of appointment
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483
- Must pass a nationwide fingerprint-based record check, and a wants/warrants check.
- Must complete Security Awareness and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/Nevada Criminal Justice Information System (NCJIS) certification within six months of hire/transfer and be recertified every two years. Must maintain certifications in NCIC/NCJIS as a condition of continued employment.
- Desirable: Experience in a corporate or enterprise environment
- Desirable: Experience with inventory control or tracking function
- Desirable: Crestron equipment operation and configuration
Completed Employment Application2)
Completed Supplemental QuestionnaireASSESSMENT DATES:
Performance Examination (Weighted 60%) - Dates to be determined
(Best Qualified Candidates)
Structured Selection Interview (Weighted 40%) - Dates to be determined
(Top Scoring Candidates)
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada and/or available via Microsoft Teams to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above. All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
I f you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system.
Please check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application. Selection Process
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department in writing prior to the close of the recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a medical/physical examination including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous