Position Overview Applicants should be prepared to interview virtually or by phone, so please make sure that you have provided a current phone number on your application and have also set up voicemail.
The City of Henderson is seeking enthusiastic team players to provide premier public service in our award-winning Parks & Recreation Department. This is a continuous recruitment for an applicant pool to fill part-time/seasonal Bus Operator vacancies on an as needed basis. The City will refer to the pool of part-time applications on file, as needed, to fill vacancies. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position will remain in the pool for 12 months.
Under immediate supervision, operates a variety of City passenger vehicles as a means of transportation for participants of recreation programs and special events; and performs related duties as assigned.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description.
Work locations and assignments are subject to change based on program needs. This position may require the ability to work varying shifts including evenings, weekends, holidays, including extended hours. Candidates for this position will be subject to post-offer drug testing (NRS 613(1)(d)). Minimum Qualifications
Required Documents/Assessment Information Documents Required at the Time of Application:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience operating a passenger transport vehicle.
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered.
- Must possess and maintain a Nevada Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class B with a passenger endorsement and Air Brake Certification; OR, a Nevada "Class A" CDL with a passenger endorsement at the time of application. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age per Nevada Department of Motor Vehicle regulations.
- Desirable: Experience working with the senior population, persons with special needs/disabilities and children.
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire Selection Process
You will be contacted by email or phone during the application and hiring process. It is your responsibility to check the email and phone number voicemail you provided on your application.
We can't leave you a message if your voicemail is not set up or is full, so please make sure that you set up, check and clear out your voicemail during the application and hiring process.
Please add email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com to your email address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Appointment will be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Incumbents in this classification are subject to random drug testing in compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations as identified by the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) in 49 CFR, Parts 40 and 382 as amended. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.