Salary: $9.39 - $12.67 Hourly USD
General Description: This is a Part-time, Non-benefited semi-skilled position. The incumbent performs general custodial work in county buildings and facilities; performs related work as required.
Flexible schedule will include up to 4 hours of daily work, Monday - Friday, (alternate mid -day/afternoons) not to exceed 20 hours per week.
Organization: The Custodian reports to the Facilities Service Coordinator.
• Cleans and disinfects restrooms and fixtures, and replenishes supplies
• Monitors quality of services provided.
• Maintains custodial supply area in a clean and orderly manner; reports supply and equipment need.
• F ollows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment.
• Performs related work as assigned.
• Possible exposure to contaminated fluids
• Cleaning agents
• Office- must be able to travel to offsite locations and sites for inspections
C. Physical Effort
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds routinely
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Thorough knowledge of cleaning materials, supplies and equipment, required. Must have general knowledge of building fixtures and cleaning methods. Ability to communicate precisely and effectively, required.
Education, Experience and Training: High school diploma required with at least one (1) year related experience -OR- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
• Criminal Records Check, including fingerprinting
• Valid Commonwealth of Virginia Driver's License
• Twelve-month probationary period
• Evening hours
• Must wear appropriate personal protective clothing as needed
Revision Date: February 2021
Successful candidate will be available for occasional evening hours, Monday - Friday.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous