Summary WORKING FOR THE CITY OF MCKINNEY
Working for the City of McKinney is more than a job. It is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. It is also an opportunity to have a hand in the development of one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. In 2014, our community was named "The #1 Best Place to Live in America." Although proud of that honor, everyone on our team is committed to making McKinney an even better place to live, work and raise a family. That's why we exist. OUR CORE VALUES
City of McKinney employees work hard and at a very fast pace. However, we also look after and support one another. All of us are guided by four employee-generated values â€" Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (RISE). We are also supported by servant-based leaders who foster and support a healthy, family-oriented culture. All new employees are expected to embrace and live by our core values and commit to helping us sustain our exceptional work environment as a high performance organization. SUMMARY
Under direct supervision of the Recreation Superintendent, drives the City's 15 passenger van or 34 passenger Trolley bus to transport recreation program participants to off site activities.Essential Functions/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Comply with all written City policies and procedures.
- Adhere to assigned work schedule as outlined in City and department attendance policies and procedures.
- Drives the City Trolley bus or van to transport recreation program participants to off-site activities.
- Drives the City Trolley bus or van to pick up and deliver supplies.
- Assists passengers getting in and out of the van and/or bus.
- Performs preventative maintenance by checking and refilling all fluid and fuel levels.
- Reports necessary maintenance and repair needs to supervisor.
- Maintains records of passengers, mileage, gasoline, destination addresses and purpose of trip.
- Cleans and maintains the van and bus to assure safe operating condition.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The ability to work in a team environment; contribute as a team member and treat co-workers, subordinates and customers with respect.
- Build professional relationships with internal staff and customers.
- Offer flexibility and adaptability, especially during times of change.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- The ability to pass a background check, drug screen, and MVR.
High School diploma or G.E.D., and
six (6) months van, bus or transportation vehicle driving, or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess current CPR and First Aid certifications. Must possess valid State of Texas class "B" CDL Drivers License. Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements.Physical Demands/Supplemental PHYSICAL DEMANDS
May be subject to occasional bending, reaching, kneeling and lifting such as assisting passengers getting in/out of the van, lifting and carrying supplies for pick up or delivery. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed by driving, operating, and maintaining a 15 passenger van and 34 passenger Trolley bus. May be subject to exposure to air and water borne pathogens, body fluids, and infectious diseases when applying CPR, First Aid or cleaning the van and facilities. May be subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions and hazardous driving conditions. SUPPLEMENTAL
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed as of the date of preparation and approval. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and all requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous