Introduction Please note: The salary range as of June 20, 2021 will be $17.77 - $25.84 per hour.
Located in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale, Arizona is bordered by Phoenix to the west and the McDowell Mountains on the east. Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation's most desirable communities to live in, visit and do business in. Check out more about Scottsdale
The application and supplemental questions are an integral part of the selection process, and must be completed in full in order for you to be considered as a candidate. Please complete each section and answer all questions as thoroughly as possible. DO NOT state "See resume" in lieu of answering.
Unanswered questions, incomplete responses, omissions, or partial information may result in disqualification from the selection process. About the Position:
Performs manual labor picking up brush and other debris on a sanitation route and/or repair and place refuse and recycling containers. Please note:
if your application is selected for an interview, be sure to check your email Junk/Spam folders for possible notifications and self-schedule invitations from NeoGov. This recruitment will be used to create an eligibility list and interviews will be conducted periodically throughout the recruitment period based on the needs of the City. Selection Process:
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview and an assessment exercise. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
Minimum Qualifications Education and Experience
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
- Drug Testing
- Physical Examination
- Motor Vehicle Department Records Check
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
- Six months of manual labor experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted Arizona driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date.
- Must possess within six months of hire date, and maintain throughout tenure, a Class "A" Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with no air brake restriction and will be subject to unannounced alcohol and drug testing as required by law.
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on department/section assignment. Essential Functions
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Works on an established sanitation route manually picking up brush, branches, and other uncontained trash from the City's alleys and streets.
- Loads brush into rear-loading trucks and compacts it.
- Cleans areas using rake, shovel, pitchfork, and/or broom.
- Repairs refuse/recycling containers.
- Replaces damaged residential refuse/recycling containers and delivers containers to new residents.
- Operates a motor vehicle requiring a Class A CDL with air brake endorsement.
- Performs simple maintenance on equipment and assists Equipment Operator II in performing daily pre and post flight CDL equipment check.
- Drives truck on a relief and training basis.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click here to view the entire job description.The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Mandatory overtime may apply.
- Reach overhead, bend, and stoop repeatedly; climb up and down ladders; work in rough, uneven alleys, streets, and dirt roads.
- Step up to a height of up to 24" on a continuous basis and 30" on an occasional basis.
- Manually lift and move up to 50 pounds or more on a continuous basis.
- Unilateral carry up to 50 pounds or more on a frequent basis.
- Visual, muscular, and manual dexterity in order to service equipment; use a rake, shovel, pitchfork and/or broom; perform manual labor on an on-going basis: to operate equipment, two-way radio, common hand tools (such as hammer, saw, screwdriver, etc.), and computer.
- Shovel or pitchfork lifting up to 45 pounds or more on a frequent basis.
- Work with paints, deodorizers, cleansers, or similar solutions.
- Seldom sedentary and includes walking or moving, pushing, bending, stooping, lifting, and reaching; sometimes involves climbing elevations.
- Pulling up to 50 pounds or more a distance up to 25 feet on a frequent basis.
- Standing up to 5 hours at a time.
- Exposure to dust, grease, noise, inclement weather, temperature extremes, and unpleasant odors.
- Removal of dead animals from City right-of-way and streets.
- Operate trucks and equipment skillfully and safely.
- Travel to/from meetings and various City locations.
- Work extended hours, overtime, holidays, weekends, and special events as needed.
It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Closing Date/Time: 10/31/2021 11:59 PM Arizona