Located in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale, Arizona is bordered by Phoenix to the west and the McDowell Mountains on the east. Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation's most desirable communities to live in, visit and do business in. Check out more about Scottsdale
Serves as an innovative leader within the library, city government, and the community. Is an information advocate and forward thinker who inspires learning, discovery and the development of 21st century skills in staff, volunteers, and the community. About the Position:
The Librarian II Metadata Services Lead is a highly specialized professional position responsible for managing the Metadata Services department which consists of 2.5 staff positions. The position's primary function involves managing, maintaining and enhancing library catalog metadata for all library material collections including the local history digital and physical collection. The position defines and implements metadata standards and processes and provides cataloging, material processing and digitization direction to department staff. Additional responsibilities include coordinating Polaris bibliographic database maintenance, working with library vendors on cataloging and processing activities and performing authority control work.
The position is responsible for the library's local history digitation collection including the acquisition and cataloging of materials. The innovative and growth-minded manager leads the expansion and development of the digital collection through obtaining grants and cultivating relationships with local organizations, City departments and community partners.At this time, we have one vacancy at the Civic Center Library, located at 3839 N. Drinkwater Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251. Selection Process:
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview and an assessment exercise. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
Minimum Qualifications Education and Experience
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
- A Master's Degree in library science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited university, or a Master's degree in a related field.
- Three years of progressively responsible library experience.
- One year of lead or supervisory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and job related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on department/section assignment. Essential Functions
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to any combination of the following:
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Provides and models exceptional customer service by making the customer the first priority.
- Supervises employees and coordinates personnel-related activities to include, but not limited to: training, approving work schedules, recommending/approving personnel actions, coaching and counseling, establishing performance goals, and writing performance evaluations.
- Establishes, maintains, and fosters positive, harmonious, professional, and effective working relationships.
- Meets diverse community needs, exposes the libraries' rich collections and resources to the community and continually learns, applies and teaches new technologies.
- Identifies, plans and oversees projects including grants.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click here to review the entire job description.The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Work a varied schedule at various locations, including weekends and evenings.
It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.