Tacoma Power's Utility Technology Section is seeking an IT Service Management (ITSM) Analyst to join the Service Management Office (SMO) in driving IT Service Management continuous service improvement, develop and implement ITIL processes, serve as the product owner for ITSM tools, develop ITSM process KPIs and metrics, assist with managing a service portfolio and service catalog, as well as business relationship management and service level management.
This is an exciting time to join our team as UTS is maturing the ITSM program through implementing the ITIL framework, improving IT service delivery, enhancing our Cherwell Service Management tool set. Our goal is to transform UTS from a technology provider to a service centric organization. The ideal candidate is proficient in advance ITIL concepts, process engineering and has a service centric mindset, developing and monitoring service level agreements/operational level agreements.
The UTS Service Management Office is responsible for establishing a center of excellence for IT service delivery across Tacoma Public Utilities (TPU). We lead IT Service Management, IT Asset Management, Service Level Management. We are a close knit team focused on building partnerships with stakeholder groups across our organization, and adding value to our customers in everything that we do.As the ITSM Analyst, responsibilities will include:
Qualifications Desired Qualifications:
- Serve as an ITIL process engineer and subject matter expert
- Process development and documentation
- Plan and facilitate workshops for ITSM continuous service improvement
- Assist process owners with ITIL process development
- Develop targeted training material for each of the adopted processes and facilitate ITIL & Cherwell training
- Research industry best practices to improve processes and procedures for IT service delivery
- Cherwell Service Management Subject Matter Expert & product owner
- Lead the review and management of the Cherwell enhancement backlog
- Assist with development of service design process for new services
- Meet with management teams and customers at all levels as part of Business Relationship Management
- Gather, analyze and report data to support recommendations & drive decision making
- Develop regular and adhoc reports and dashboards for tracking program and process Key Performance Indicators and be able to present to Executive, Senior and Mid-level management
- Track metrics to help improve service delivery
- Development and Monitoring of Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements
- Apply Lean IT and Agile principles to process development
- Lead the development of knowledge management practice
Selection Process & Supplemental Information
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years' experience of process improvement development with an emphasis on IT service delivery
- ITIL 4 Foundations Certification
- Advanced ITIL certifications
- Understanding of Lean IT, Agile, and SCRUM
- Proficient with report writing and dashboards in ITSM tool sets, preferably Cherwell
- Experience with business process software such as Visio or Navvia
- Project Management experience
This recruitment is being managed by Alissa McLain if you would like to be notified of similar opportunities, or stay connected with things going on at Tacoma Public Utilities and the City of Tacoma, connect with me on LinkedIn! City of Tacoma Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Tacoma's diversity is its greatest asset. Tacoma embraces its multi-cultural and multi-ethnic character. Communities of color and immigrant communities are fundamental to Tacoma's entrepreneurial spirit, workforce, and long-term success. In Tacoma, equity and empowerment are top priorities, meaning that all Tacoma residents must have equitable opportunities to reach their full potential and share in the benefits of community progress. One of our goals is for the City of Tacoma workforce to reflect the community it serves. We actively work to eliminate racial and other disparities and welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds and/or multicultural skill sets and experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work, and play.
The City of Tacoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in its workplace. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, and local laws. Tacoma Power
Tacoma Power is an almost 100% hydroelectric, municipally-owned public power utility, located in Tacoma. We serve approximately 170,000 customers as one of the three operating divisions of Tacoma Public Utilities, alongside Tacoma Water and Tacoma Rail. As one of the most livable, walkable cities in the country, you'll find that Tacoma is a great fit for all interests with places to bike, run, hike, and explore. It has the perks of a big city and the charm of a small town. Apply
Interested individuals should apply online and attach
a detailed resume and cover letter that includes job experience, major responsibilities and accomplishments related to this position.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received for interview consideration.
Reference checks will be conducted on final candidates and appointment is subject to passing a background check.Communication from the City of Tacoma:
We primarily communicate via e-mail during the application process. E-mails from cityoftacoma.org and/or governmentjobs.com must be placed on your safe domain list to ensure that you receive notifications in a timely manner. As a precaution, you may also want to check your junk e-mail folders.
If you have any additional questions regarding this position, please contact the Human Resources Department at 253.591.5400.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous