311 Vernon Street Roseville, 95678 Description The City of Roseville is committed to a diverse workforce. We are engaged in understanding the needs and backgrounds of our colleagues and those we serve. Our organization is unified in this commitment, as we believe this produces the best results for our community. FINAL FILING DATE:
We are accepting applications on a continuous basis. PERS retired annuitants are not eligible to apply. IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION
. THE POSITION
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary and part-time position of Fitness Instructor in the Parks, Recreation & Libraries Department. The normal work schedule will vary and may include evenings and weekends.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere. THE CITY
The City of Roseville (COR) incorporates the following CORe Competencies as part of the City's culture:
- Focus on people: Develop and deliver service-oriented solutions that meet or exceed expectations.
- Build trust: Ensure honesty and integrity to gain confidence and support of others.
- Ensure accountability: Take responsibility for the outcomes of one's own work and foster a sense of ownership in others.
- Communicate effectively: Deliver clear, concise messages and actively listen to ideas and questions.
- Collaborate inclusively: Build effective working partnerships, alliances, and teams.
- Make quality decisions: Make sound, timely decisions and recommendations.
- Be adaptable/agile: Change approach or methods to best fit the situation and effectively balance competing priorities.
The City of Roseville Parks, Recreation & Libraries Department incorporates our culture into our everyday interactions with our co-workers and our community.
- Take Pride - We're proud of the services that we provide to our residents.
- Be Creative - We encourage an environment that allows for passion and innovation.
- Always Improving - We embrace change by fostering opportunities to learn, adapt and grow.
- Work As a Team -Teamwork makes us stronger, more efficient and adds value to our department.
- Make it Fun - We celebrate our co-workers, achievements and successes.
To perform a variety of duties related to teaching and instructing high intensity physical fitness classes. EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of:
- Supervise, coordinate and lead fitness exercise classes.
- Assist in planning, promoting, conducting and evaluating recreation programs and activities.
- Interact and stimulate interest while conducting, demonstrating and supervising program activities such as aerobic, non-aerobic and strength training activities or water fitness program activities for groups and/or individuals.
- Inspect assigned recreation facilities and/or equipment and recommend any necessary repair or maintenance work and supply needs.
- Set up facility as needed for assigned program activity.
- Complete records and reports as required.
- Promote and enforce safety procedures; render first aid and CPR, if certified, as required.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Principles and practices of physical fitness, aerobic exercise and personal training.
- Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
- Methods and principles in instructing individuals or groups of children, teens, or adults.
- Principles and techniques of first aid and CPR respiration.
- Principles and practices of safety management.
Experience and Training Experience:
- On a continuous basis, know and understand operations and observe safety rules; stand, bend, stoop, kneel as necessary to instruct a high intensity physical fitness class.
- Intermittently interpret policies and procedures, and explain operations and problem solve issues for the public and with staff; lift or carry weight of 45 pounds or less.
- Lead and motivate large group classes.
- Respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner; administer first aid and CPR, if certified.
- Understand and carry out written and oral directions.
- Communicate tactfully with customers.
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Six months of experience as an instructor in group exercise or personal training, preferred.
License or Certificate
- Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade, GED, or higher level degree.
- Possession of CPR and First Aid certificates within six months of hire.
- Possession of a national certification from an accredited fitness association such as ACE, AFAA, or AEA in group exercise or personal training within six months of hire. Or a Bachelor's degree with emphasis in exercise-related studies.
- Please list you current national fitness instructor certification(s).
- What formats are you qualified/certified to teach?
- Please list your current availability.
- Are you interested in becoming a fitness substitute instructor?
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications. Qualifying applicants may be contacted by the Department to interview. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment medical exam and a drug and alcohol screening test.
THE CITY OF ROSEVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE A SCHEDULED INTERVIEW/EXAMINATION PROCESS. MEDICAL DISABILITY VERIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ACCOMMODATION.
Job Announcement URL: http://www.roseville.ca.us/jobsRecruitment Contact
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org