***OPEN & PROMOTIONAL JOB OPPORTUNITY*** *APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED* Senior Administrative Analyst
The City is currently seeking to fill one Senior Administrative Analyst vacancy in the Engineering Division of the Community Development Department. The Senior Administrative Analyst will be responsible for managing the administrative functions of the Engineering Division.What you will be doing in this role:
We are looking for someone who:
- Coordinating the City's participation in and compliance with the Community Rating System (CRS) as part of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Managing the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC); facilitating the quarterly meetings and agendas.
- Overseeing the management of the Master Service Agreements (MSAs) for the Engineering Division on-call consultants.
- Maintaining Engineering website updates, CIP and Current Development maps, and division records.
- Tracking of regional, state, and federal Grant opportunities, funding, reporting, and compliance.
- Guiding the 2-Year CIP Budget development process and ongoing tracking of project allocations and funding balances for Engineering.
- Preparing operating revenue forecasts and analyzing, as necessary, the City's fees and charges, providing fiscal reports as required for City Council.
- Developing and implementing process improvements and strategic planning amongst Engineering and other Divisions and outside agencies.
- Is a highly motivated self-starter;
- Possesses extensive high-level customer service experience;
- Has a keen eye for detail;
- Possesses excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing;
- Has a strong background in budget preparation and tracking;
- Has report preparation experience-including preparation of staff reports to City Council (or other governing bodies);
- Possesses grant writing and grant management experience;
- Has experience with file and data management, including migrating from hard copy record management systems to electronic document management and storage systems;
- Possesses supervisory and performance management experience;
- Possesses project and program management experience;
- Has experience in website management; and
- Embraces, promotes, and is guided by the City's Mission, Vision and Values
Nestled in the foothills of Mt. Diablo, Concord is a major East Bay community located 29 miles east of San Francisco and 58 miles north of San Jose. With a population of almost 130,000 residents occupying an area of 31 square miles, Concord is the largest city in Contra Costa County. The City's central location offers easy access to the entire Bay Area including Oakland, San Francisco, and the Silicon Valley.
Concord has much to offer; its local lifestyle reflects a careful blending of the City's early California heritage, along with modern planned development. It is a harmonious community of quiet neighborhoods, an excellent park system, convenient shopping centers, large preserves of open space, a state-of-the-art hospital, and a wide variety of restaurants. Additionally, diverse public and private educational opportunities for students of all ages are available in Concord.
Concord residents enjoy a Mediterranean climate with warm, dry summers and mild winters. The ideal weather and natural beauty of Concord make the area ideal for visitors and locals seeking active outdoor activities. In Concord, where "Families Come First," one is never far from a park or an open green space for active play or just relaxing. Todos Santos Plaza, the heart of downtown Concord, features a year-round Farmer's Market, several seasonal and community celebrations, as well as serving as a wonderful outdoor space for all to enjoy.
Interested in this exciting career opportunity? Apply online today! PLEASE NOTE
: Proof of COVID vaccination is a condition of initial and continued employment. SELECTION PROCESS
1. Submit a completed City of Concord employment application and the required supplemental questionnaire responses online at www.cityofconcord.org. Only application materials submitted online will be accepted.
Please attach a copy of your resume when you apply online. You must complete the employment application in its entirety in addition to the resume submission in order to be considered (i.e., do not indicate "see resume" on any section of your online employment application).
2. All qualified applications and supplemental questionnaire responses will be competitively evaluated, and those candidates demonstrating the strongest desired qualifications for the position will be invited to a virtual panel interview.
The first review of applications will be completed the week of September 27, 2021, and the first day of panel interviews are currently scheduled for Friday, October 15, 2021.
We encourage you to apply early for this career opportunity as this may be the only interview date.
If you are selected to participate in the panel interview process and are unavailable, we regret that we will not be able to reschedule you.
3. Successful candidates will be placed on the hiring list, based on rank, for further consideration to fill the current regular vacancy, as well as others occurring over the next 12 months.IMPORTANT
: Contact with candidates will primarily be via email. Make sure you list a current email that you check regularly on your application. If you opt in for text messaging, you may receive periodic updates via text messaging.
If you have any specific questions regarding the recruitment and selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (925) 671-3308.ADMINISTRATIVE ANALYSTPurpose
Performs varied and responsible administrative and analysis work for an assigned department including complex and sensitive information collection, evaluation, and report writing activities; as assigned, acts as project manager; may provide supervision and training within assigned department; may be assigned as the City's staff representative to inter-governmental committees, outside agencies, and project teams; performs related and other work as required. Supervisory Guidance Received/Given
Supervision received is characterized by general supervisory direction and control intended to define objectives and problems. Control over work methods is general, rather than detailed in nature. Work may involve providing supervision to staff members.Working Conditions
Work is conducted primarily in an office setting. Conditions may involve attendance at meetings held during the workday and in the evenings. Also includes irregular hours as necessary to meet deadlines and achieve objectives. Equipment, Methods & Guidelines
Uses federal, state and city laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Typically uses telephone, calculators, voice dictation equipment, and computer keyboard.Physical Demands
The work emphasizes speech, hearing, vision, and stamina associated with attendance at evening meetings following a normal workday.Allocation Factors/Distinctions
This managerial/analytical classification may be populated with multiple incumbents who exercise a wide variety of responsible and complex administrative and analytical support duties for assigned department and/or division critical to a Department's mission. This is the advanced level in the Administrative Analyst classification series. (Specific departmental/program job duties and qualifications are detailed in the classification specification supplemental.) Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Knowledge and Abilities
- Performs responsible administrative support to the assigned department, serving as a liaison on administrative matters between the department and other City departments, committees, and citizen groups.
- Conducts complex research projects, gathers and analyzes data, writes reports, and makes recommendations on a variety of departmental subjects.
- As assigned, reviews established procedures, systems and standards, and makes recommendations on problems of organization, staffing, and related management activities.
- Reviews memoranda, reports and similar material for the purpose of summarizing and making recommendations concerning them.
- May assist departmental head in determining priorities, methods, standards, and sequences of work necessary to achieve objectives.
- Analyzes and develops process, procedures, and forms in work simplification, computer application, and methods of improvement.
- Coordinates and assembles a variety of information and statistical data for inclusion in reports.
- Acts as staff to assigned committees by preparing meeting agendas, reports, monitoring programs, and presenting proposals and recommendations.
- Attends departmental staff meetings and provides staff assistance by conducting research and writing reports for meetings.
- Provides information to staff and the public related to assigned activities; prepares press releases and makes presentations at public meetings.
- Provides supervision and training to employees in the work unit.
- May assist in the preparation and administration of the budget.
- Answers correspondence and prepares financial and statistical information as assigned.
Thorough knowledge or principles, methods, and trends of public and business administration, including organization, fiscal management, and research methodology. Ability to perform varied and responsible assignments involving the use of initiative and independent judgment under minimum supervision; to provide supervision and coordinate the work of other professionals; to effectively collect and analyze complex and sensitive information, and to draw valid conclusions; to understand, interpret and apply appropriate rules, regulations and procedures; to summarize facts and recommendations accurately; to prepare clear and concise written reports; to make effective public presentations; to understand and carry out oral and written instructions; and to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contracted in the course of work. Education/Experience Education:
Possession of a Bachelor's degree in public or business administration or related field is required.Experience:
Four (4) to six (6) years of professional experience, at least three (3) of which are in a public agency. Other:
Proof of COVID vaccination is a condition of initial and continued employment.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous