***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY*** RECREATION SPECIALIST - FACILITY ATTENDANT
The City of Concord is seeking part-time community center facility attendants to support the Parks and Recreation Department at three community centers.PLEASE NOTE
: Proof of COVID vaccination is a condition of initial and continued employment.PURPOSE
Provide supervision of the community center during classes and rentals; set up and take down chairs, tables, equipment; and perform light custodial services. Must be able to provide a high level of support to customers and ensure the safety of the people and property by effectively enforcing policies and procedures. Performs related and other work as required, all within the context of the City's Mission of providing responsive, cost-effective, and innovative local government services through a collaborative effort with the community to make Concord a city of the highest quality.HIRING DEPARTMENT:
Parks & Recreation WORK LOCATION:
One of the community centers:
5298 Clayton Road
2727 Parkside Circle
Willow Pass Community Center
2748 E. Olivera Road HOURS:
This is a part-time position working primarily weekday evenings and weekend days and evenings. SALARY:
Starting at $15.22 /HourFINAL FILING DATE:
Open until filled WORKING CONDITIONS
Conducts work in an indoor setting. Includes irregular hours to attend to facility and field rentals, community functions/meetings, to resolve problem/issues and support Parks and Recreation operations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Emphasizes hearing, speech, and vision. Work includes moderate lifting, carrying, stooping, and reaching.SUPERVISORY GUIDANCE RECEIVED/GIVEN
This position receives direct supervision from Recreation Program Coordinator. Supervision received is intended to prescribe both general and detailed methods for achieving objectives. Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Serve as the main point of contact for instructors, participants, and renters during scheduled shifts.
- Set up, takedown, and clean-up of the facility before and after events and classes as assigned.
- Effectively communicate and enforce facility policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate program and schedule information to customers.
- Complete all paperwork required for rentals and classes.
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills to provide information to customers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Monitor equipment inventories and recommend procurement of items as needed.
- Inspect facility and equipment and recommend procurement, maintenance and repair as needed.
- At all times, demonstrates cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors and the public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
- Is highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Is dynamic and customer service oriented
- Is detail-oriented and solution-focused
- Is self-motivated with a strong desire to contribute and learn
- Possesses strong computer skills specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, in addition to the ability to learn specialized software
- Who embraces, promotes, and is guided by the City's Mission, Vision and Values
Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and have one or more years of customer service experience. Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with those contacted in the course of work at all levels, including a culturally diverse public with a focus on quality customer service. Must be at least 18 years of age and be able to lift/ move 50-60 pounds. Must be available and willing to w ork weekday evenings and weekends. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Satisfactory completion of high school or the equivalent
- Speak and understand Spanish
- Effectively communicate and enforce facility policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate program and schedule information to customers
- Ability to enforce rules and regulations; maintain orderly participant conduct
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing (internal or external) customer services including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Giving appropriate attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate. Maintaining appropriate attention to detail based on the complexity of work performed. Conveying written and/or non-written information effectively comprehending and understanding documentation and verbal or visual communications. Using logic and reasoning to identify approaches to solving problems. Actively looking for ways to help people.
Ability to read, comprehend and retain information; to speak clearly, concisely and audibly. Ability to work efficiently and accurately on tasks with interruptions; to adapt communications and behavioral styles appropriately to act promptly and decisively; to make acceptable decisions; to meet the physical requirements of the work; to understand and carry out oral and written instructions; and to establish and maintain cooperative and effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be: Education:
Satisfactory completion of high school or the equivalent. Experience:
One or more years in a customer service driven field is desirable. Must be at least 18 years of age. Other: SELECTION PROCESS
- Submit a completed City of Concord application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.cityofconcord.org .
- All qualified applications and supplemental responses will be competitively evaluated, and those candidates demonstrating the strongest qualifications for the position will be invited to interview.
: Contact with candidates will primarily be via email. Make sure you list a current email that you check regularly
on your application. PLEASE NOTE
: Proof of COVID vaccination is a condition of initial and continued employment.
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 12/31/21 5:00 PM Pacific Time