Child Care Director Pickleweed Preschool $4,120 - $5,008 per month Plus excellent benefits APPLICATION DEADLINE: Apply by Friday, August 6, 2021 for first consideration THE CITY
is focused on enhancing our community members' quality of life through well-designed services and a positive workplace culture. San Rafael is the economic and cultural heart of Marin County, and its high quality of life is centered on its commercial districts, engaged neighborhoods, active lifestyle, and natural environment. San Rafael (population 59,000) is a full-service city with a city council/city manager form of government with 12 departments, more than 400 employees, and an annual budget of $100 million. The City's vision is to be a vibrant economic and cultural center reflective of its diversity. The City Council is engaged and seeks to strengthen the urban and commercial areas as well as sustain the beautiful natural environment.
San Rafael's Organizational culture framework is an initiative called "Together San Rafael."
City employees are our greatest asset, and we seek talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are creative, curious, and excited about a challenge. We are a results-driven team focused on the needs of community members. The Together San Rafael initiative is focused
on modernizing City services and increasing the engagement of employees. This initiative recognizes the interconnectedness of the customer and employee experience. THE POSITION:
The City of San Rafael is recruiting for a Child Care Director. Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor, this position will perform responsible work in administering and managing a state-funded preschool program. The incumbent in this position will independently oversee the program and staff at Pickleweed Preschool located in East San Rafael. This position performs the following essential job duties:
- Assist with the establishment of the program budget
- Hire, train, and supervise staff
- Supervise timely completion of annual ECERS
- Supervise completion of DRDP assessments twice annually
- Supervise timely completion of parent surveys
- Supervise timely completion of two parent conferences annually
- Supervise timely ongoing child portfolios
- Supervise and implement systems for creating and maintaining regular written child observations
To be eligible for this position you must have knowledge/skill of:
- Complete annual June 1st report to Department of Education
- Schedule staff and ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained
- Facilitate parent nights for families four times per year
- Liaison with parents and school districts
- Function as classroom instructor
- Approve Child Care Instructor II curriculum and plans
- Organize regular staff meetings
- Oversees referrals of children for assessment and special services
- Complete annual written evaluations of all staff
- Perform other duties as required.
To be eligible for this position you must possess the ability to:
- Early Childhood Development
- Curriculum models such as CLASS and Pyramid training
- Classroom management techniques
- Appropriate disciplinary techniques.
- Oral and written communications skills
- Group leadership and teaching skills
Education and/or Experience :
- Ability to organize and manage child files for licensing.
- Ability to report any unusual incident involving parents and staff to administration and licensing
- Ability to work within established budget and order supplies for program.
- Ability to schedule and approve staff vacations, sick leave and other personal leaves.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, staff, parents, and community representatives.
- Ability to work independently in carrying out a comprehensive program.
- Willingness to support and carry out the goals and objectives of the Child Care program.
- AA Degree or 60 units, with 24 ECE units plus 6 administrative units and 2 adult supervision units and one (1) year working in a preschool program, AND/OR
- Site Supervisor Permit
- Must be willing to work the hours required for the assigned Center.
- Possession of California Driver's License preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to lifting or carrying children or heavy items (up to 40 lbs.) unassisted, reaching, bending, standing, or walking. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS: City of San Rafael application is required.
Resumes do not substitute for the City application. Candidates should detail related education and experience on the application. The examination process may include the following: application appraisal and oral board examination. The passing point for the oral board examination final score will be 70%. Note: Prior to appointment, candidate must pass a pre-employment physical, background check, driving record, drug screen, and fingerprinting. To file an application, go to: www.calopps.org
. Select "Member Agencies". Select "City of San Rafael". Follow this link to submit your application:https://www.calopps.org/san-rafael/job-20143341 Reasonable Accommodation:
The City of San Rafael will make reasonable accommodations in the exam process to accommodate disabled applicants. If you have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact us at (415) 485-3474 before the test date. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Such accommodations must be requested by the applicant.
Job PDF: Child Care Director (Pickleweed Preschool) Job Announcement.pdf
The City of San Rafael offers an attractive compensation and benefits program. The salary range for this position is $4,120 - $5,008 monthly, DOQ/DOE
and a competitive benefits program including:
- Retirement:The City is a part of the Marin County Employee Retirement Association (MCERA) plan, which offers reciprocity between agencies in CalPERS (this is part of the 37 Act County System);
- Classic Employees - 2.7% @ at 55 formula, single highest year of compensation;
- Tier 2 Employees - 2% @ 55 formula, highest three years of compensation.
- PEPRA employees - hired after 1/1/13 or with 6-month break in service are eligible for a 2% at 62 formula, highest 3 year average compensation.
- Health Insurance:Full flex cafeteria plan which can be applied to a health plan or converted to cash (Employee Only - $745.00; Employee+1 - $1,120.65 Employee+Family - $1,149.30; Waive Coverage $300.00)
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance:$5,000 basic and long-term disability is two-thirds of the salary up to $1,000 per month
- Dental Insurance:Fully paid premiums
- Vision Insurance:Fully paid employee premium
- Deferred Comp
- Annual Leave:Vacation 10 days (1-3 years of service); 12 days per year; 11 holidays; 2 floating holidays
- And more......
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Until filled