Child Care Instructor I (School Age) Part-Time (21 hours per week) $14.59 - $17.74 per hourPlus excellent pro-rated benefitsAPPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications Reviewed Weekly THE CITY
is focused on enhancing our community members' quality of life through well-designed services and a positive workplace culture. San Rafael is the economic and cultural heart of Marin County, and its high quality of life is centered on its commercial districts, engaged neighborhoods, active lifestyle, and natural environment. San Rafael (population 59,000) is a full-service city with a city council/city manager form of government with 12 departments, more than 400 employees, and an annual budget of $100 million. The City's vision is to be a vibrant economic and cultural center reflective of its diversity. The City Council is engaged and seeks to strengthen the urban and commercial areas as well as sustain the beautiful natural environment.
San Rafael's Organizational culture framework is an initiative called "Together San Rafael."
City employees are our greatest asset, and we seek talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are creative, curious, and excited about a challenge. We are a results-driven team focused on the needs of community members. The Together San Rafael initiative is focused
on modernizing City services and increasing the engagement of employees. This initiative recognizes the interconnectedness of the customer and employee experience. THE POSITION:
The City of San Rafael Library & Recreation Department, Child Care Division, is accepting applications for Child Care Instructor I to work in our School-Age Programs. Under the supervision of the Child Care Director or Head Teacher, you will assist in the planning and implementation of daily activities for the school-age program. This position performs the following essential job duties:
To be eligible for this position you must have knowledge of:
- Assist in planning and implementing age appropriate curriculum, activities, and events.
- Provide continuous supervision to children in day-to-day activities; ensures health and safety of children.
- Maintain childcare center, rooms and play areas in a clean, orderly and safe condition; sets up rooms and areas for various activities such as lunch, naps, games, etc.
- Monitor behavioral patterns and assists with assessment and child development profiles.
- Meet with parents as necessary or requested.
- Perform lead work responsibilities over Child Care Aides.
To be eligible for this position you must possess the ability to:
- Stages and phases of Child Development.
- Appropriate disciplinary techniques.
- Age-appropriate group curriculum and activities.
- Appropriate child guidance methods.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Deal effectively with children and act as appropriate adult role model.
- Instruct children in large and small group activities.
- Accept direction from the supervisor.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others. Work well in a team with other instructors and aides.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Manage time, activities and resources effectively.
- Work as scheduled.
- Completion of six (6) units Early Childhood Education (ECE) courses and currently working toward the completion of twelve (12) units of Early Childhood Education (ECE) courses.
- Six (6) months working with children.
- Department of Justice and FBI fingerprint clearance
- Prefer possession of a valid California Driver's License
Must be able to perform physical activities such as but not limited to lifting or carrying children or heavy items (up to 40 lbs.) unassisted, reaching, bending, standing, or walking. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS: City of San Rafael application is required.
A City of San Rafael application is required. Resumes do not substitute for the City application. Candidates should detail related education and experience on the application since this information will be used to determine who will be invited to participate in the next phase of the examination process. The examination process may include the following: application appraisal and oral board interview examination. The passing point for the oral board examination final score will be 70%. Prior to appointment, candidate must pass a pre-placement physical examination, drug screen, a background check, and fingerprinting. To file an application, go online to www.calopps.org
. Select "Member Agencies". Select "San Rafael". Follow this link to submit an application for this position:https://www.calopps.org/san-rafael/job-20157145Reasonable Accommodation:
The City of San Rafael will make reasonable accommodations in the interview process to accommodate disabled applicants. If you have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact us at (415) 485-3474 before the test date. For More Information Call: 415-485-3386
Job PDF: Child Care Instructor I (School Age) Job Announcement.pdf
The City of San Rafael offers an attractive compensation and benefits program. The salary range for this position is $14.59 - $17.74 per hour,
DOQ/DOE and a competitive benefits program including:
- Retirement:Participation in PARS Retirement. Employer contribution of 3.75% and employee contribution of 3.75% of monthly salary to the retirement plan.
- Health Insurance (pro-rated at .60% FTE):Full flex cafeteria plan which can be applied to a health plan or converted to cash (Employee Only - $745.00; Employee+1 - $1,120.65; Employee+Family - $1,149.30; Waive Coverage $300.00)
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance:$5,000 basic and long-term disability is two-thirds of the salary up to $1,000 per month
- Dental Insurance:Premium pro-rated at .60% FTE
- Vision Insurance:Premium pro-rated at .60% FTE
- Deferred Comp: Employee optional participation
- Annual Leave (pro-rated at .60% FTE):Vacation 10 days (1-3 years of service/6.25 hours earned per month); 12 days per year; 11 holidays.
- And more......
Contact email: email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: Continuous