Johnson County Mental Health is hiring for a qualified candidate to fill the position of On-CallService Coordinator.
This position is responsible for a variety of functions to help support this 24 hour a day residential program providing social detox for clients. Job functions include administrative functions, unit maintenance, and client monitoring. The successful candidate will be required to complete substance abuse assessments and enter the information into the electronic medical record or other related systems. The work schedule for this position is on-call. Position will remain open until filled.
Job duties include:
- Interviews individuals and compiles information regarding background and applicable circumstances to identify needs and/or determine service eligibility; interprets and communicates relevant information to individuals, families, and other stakeholders.
- Develops plans to address the needs of individuals with substance abuse disorders; networks with other community agencies to research and recommend resources and options to address individual needs; consults and collaborates with other providers in the development and review of plans; participates in meetings related to client care coordination.
- Provides a variety of services for individuals with routine, brief, and/or less complex needs; ensures services provided are consistent with individual plans; assists individuals to identify strategies or treatment options; initiates and attends individual and/ or group meetings; provides or assists with educational and psychosocial groups; evaluates and counsels individuals who have addiction disorders; provides transportation of individuals according to the needs identified in plans.
- Completes and submits documentation regarding services provided; evaluates and documents individuals' progress according to measurable goals.
- Provides, assists with, or coaches individuals on personal care needs with limited supervision; provides crisis interventions, including physical intervention and restraint to ensure the safety of individuals; monitors and/or administers medication as prescribed; monitors and documents mental and physical condition of individuals.
Kansas license as an Addiction Counselor and educational background to meet licensure requirements are required. Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field and one year of related work experience are preferred.
Experience may be substituted for degree.
Johnson County Government requires reference/background screening for all positions. Specified criteria may vary by Department/Agency. Physical, Environmental, and Special Working Conditions:
All County employees may be called upon to assist other departments/agencies in a declared emergency situation.
Occasional (less than 5%)
Health, Welfare, and Social Services