A career with Johnson County Government is more than just a job, it is an opportunity to serve a diverse and expanding community in meaningful ways. We challenge ourselves to be a different kind of government because we care deeply about our community and each other. Johnson County's Department of Technology and Innovation is looking for a Developer Analyst III.The Department of Technology and Innovation delivers innovative and reliable technology solutions and services to advance the objectives of County staff, elected officials, and the community in a cost effective and efficient manner. This position is eligible for a hybrid, remote work assignment.
TheDeveloper Analyst IIIposition is responsible for the following:
- Leads and completes programming assignments which may include complex issues, major enhancements and builds, system configuration changes, and runs production support processes; ensures system availability while facilitating growth in usage and increased functionality by applying knowledge of multiple programming languages and techniques.
- Collaborates with internal/external customers, vendors, and other technology staff to ensure efficient use of organizational resources to achieve project objectives by establishing and reviewing project management plans, schedules, resources, and critical paths; ensuring that resolutions are achieved while considering all viewpoints.
- Leads design activities and communicates with technical and non-technical audiences; participates in improving work processes and product quality by using continuous quality improvement techniques; identifies areas for improvement and guides the implementation of improved processes.
- Creates, reviews, and maintains documentation related to system software use and support including procedures, processes, metadata.
- Collects, edits, and maintains data; ensures data is accurate, current, and complete through quality assurance procedures; develops new and enhances existing datasets through various techniques such as data mining, process automation, workflow modifications, and agency collaboration.
- Transforms data into meaningful end-user information through the use of a variety of analytical tools.
- Provides visibility of current computing technology by interpreting product changes; investigates new technology, customer requirements, and systems architecture; presents information to management and technical leads.
- Reviews, critiques, and advises technical activities of other analysts; trains and consults with internal/external customers, vendors and other technology staff.
- Recommends change to centralized, distributed, and networked hardware and software; coordinates the integration and interfaces systems with internal/external customers, vendors and other technology staff.
Bachelor's degree in the following field(s) of study: Information Technology or related field and four years of experience in the Information Technology field in a lead role are required.
Our preferred candidate will have the following experience:
- 3 or more years of SharePoint development and architecture experience
- Development experience with SharePoint Online and on-premise
- Migrating sites, lists, forms, apps and workflows from SharePoint on premise to SharePoint Online
- Working in SharePoint Online
- Designing and developing user-interfaces
- Experience with Office365 and Power BI
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server
Experiencecan substitute for education. Education can substitute for experience.
Occasional (less than 5%)
Management, Administrative, Technology, and Financial Services