A career with Johnson County is more than just a job, it is an opportunity to serve a diverse and expanding community in meaningful ways. We challenge ourselves to be a different kind of government because we care deeply about our community and each other. Committed to our shared values, we provide excellent public service, seeking always to improve ourselves and our organization. We offer wonderful benefits, retirement plans, wellness incentives, a great organizational culture, and much more! If you are searching for something more than just a job, something akin to a calling, then consider the challenge and opportunity of becoming a member of Johnson County Government. This position is open until filled.
The Treasury, Taxation and Vehicles (TTV) department is responsible for providing the citizens of Johnson County with superior financial administrative services, vehicle registration and titling services, property tax collection services and maintenance of land records in terms of quality, timeliness, efficiency, and value while maintaining the highest levels of customer services satisfaction and accountability.
Johnson County Government's Treasury, Taxation and Vehicles (TTV) department is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Treasury Accounting Manager. Responsibilities Include:
- Manages the centralized accounts receivable operations and evaluates current systems implemented across county departments and agencies and determines system to be used; serves as an advocate for the centralized accounts receivable solution and promotes countywide accounts receivable and billing policies and procedures; provides strategic planning directives related to treasury and banking services across the county; investigates customer payment and department issues; works with key financial, technical and audit staff to maintain and strengthen accounts receivable module.
- Supervises the TTV-Treasury Services staff and functions; manages the security of county funds and establishes and maintains cash management policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure safety and security of collections, disbursements, and investment capabilities of over $1B annually; coordinates with internal resources and outside vendors on security protocols such as security cameras and cash-safe technologies.
- Manages countywide merchant services solutions for the acceptance of credit cards, debit cards, and all forms of electronic payments taken at point-of-sale and within the online environment; works with the Division Director - Treasury & Taxation to establish, implement, and maintain e-commerce solutions that meet county policies, payment card industry standards, and NACHA rules and regulations; serves as countywide point of contact for departments currently utilizing or looking to accept electronic payments.
- Performs key banking and financial activities, including electronic funds transfers, that can meet or exceed $100M; provides training to county fiscal staff on receivables responsibilities and treasury related functions.
- Provides direct support to the Cash Manager daily; acts in the capacity of the Cash Manager or Division Director - Treasury & Taxation in their absence.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field and five years of relevant finance/banking experience including experience with merchant services or other relevant experience required.
Oneyear leading, directing, supervising or coordinating the work of others required.
Master's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), Certified Cash Manager (CCM), or Certified Public Manager (CPM) preferred.
Experiencecan substitute for education. Education can substitute for experience.
Johnson County Government requires reference/background screening for all positions. Specified criteria may vary by Department/Agency. Physical, Environmental, and Special Working Conditions:
All County employees may be called upon to assist other departments/agencies in a declared emergency situation.
Intermediate (5% to 25%)
Management, Administrative, Technology, and Financial Services